Wedding Beggars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to have a puppy shower. Socially obligate people who don't even like me to give me pet supplies. I'll serve juice and snacks. Andre mimosas if yer lucky.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My next rant is people selling things out of their houses to friends and family.

GF and I got invited to a married couples house for one of these travelling home clothing shop things women do now. It's the new Tupperware. That and essential oils.

I thought we were there to hang out, have a drink, maybe help out with setup, buy something if it caught our eye. We all hang out occasionally.

Instead they literally forced us to buy something. It was the only non-relationship ending option. We politely declined like 5 times. Finally bought something we didn't even want just to get out of there. It's sitting here unused with tags until Amvets pick it up at the curb.They were being pretty high pressure. Worse than car salesmen. It was buy that or say "f*ck off". Then they tried to sell us something else too on our way out the door! Jeeze.

I swear. I see why people get married and have kids. You have to in self-defense by your late 20s early 30s. Married breeders always got their hands out. Gotta get in that game.

I swear they were looking at us like "RH and lady RH aren't even married and don't have kids. They must be able to help fund our little family." Cripes! They got rich parents too! I'm poor bitches! Lay off.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Instead they literally forced us to buy something. It was the only non-relationship ending option. We politely declined like 5 times. Finally bought something we didn't even want just to get out of there. It's sitting here unused with tags until Amvets pick it up at the curb.They were being pretty high pressure. Worse than car salesmen. It was buy that or say "f*ck off". Then they tried to sell us something else too on our way out the door! Jeeze.

So you're still going to be friends with them? I'm thinking, in that scenario, I'm done with them anyways, might as well make it clear. "No thx and f*ck off."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you're still going to be friends with them? I'm thinking, in that scenario, I'm done with them anyways, might as well make it clear. "No thx and f*ck off."

You've obviously never been to a Tupperware party. :D
I haven't either, but my wife declines all of these invitations because she has....except for one.....it's the adult lingerie one. :hey3:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well we certainly aren't in a hurry to see them.

It was kinda blindsiding. Up until then there were no weird issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom