Wedding Beggars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm... now that's interesting. We have always invited folks to come to my place to get together. I usually BBQ and we provide all the booze, food and entertainment, we never ask anyone to bring anything. Are you suggesting this is burdensome to people with no kids?

That's about the only socializing we ever do. Maybe folks just don't like us enough to invite us over or out when they all are socializing without us. That's probably it.

I think our friends don't like travelling to see us. Which I get, but a 50/50 split would be fair. Hell I'd settle for 80-20.

We got in a mild fight with some married friends last summer. They live 20 mins away and never want to come here. I invited them over for food (I was grilling) and drinks and they agreed a couple weeks in advance. Day before he call me and floats an alternate plan that our women cook for us at his house while we go test his boat motor at the lake, then we come back and eat the food. Obviously that didn't go over well with my girlfriend or me who assumed all 4 of us were going to hang out. I was just kinda floored at the rudeness of it and gave no clear answer.

I text him the next day we'll have to raincheck. He replies "wow, let us know when you have time to pencil us in your busy schedule". I could tell he was pissed. And us? You wanted to split us up into twos, dude.

The hell? I nicely explained that since I was planning on them coming over in the afternoon...for weeks...we had plans earlier in the day. They were still welcome to come over as planned and I would feed them as planned. They did and I just pretended it never happened.

Where I come from you accept or decline an invitation. You don't counter-invite the day before AND volunteer your buddy's woman to cook for you. I swear I want to hit him in the face sometimes. Known him my entire life and he's a good dude, just oblivious. I actually think he might be some sort of mild autism case. His lack of social grace is bizzarre. He honestly seems confused by it.

We were that couple for years, learn to be a dik and or get some gay friends.

Our gay friends all moved to gay cities. Only one left in OK and he's in OKC.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think our friends don't like travelling to see us. Which I get, but a 50/50 split would be fair. Hell I'd settle for 80-20.

We got in a mild fight with some married friends last summer. They live 20 mins away and never want to come here. I invited them over for food (I was grilling) and drinks and they agreed a couple weeks in advance. Day before he call me and floats an alternate plan that our women cook for us at his house while we go test his boat motor at the lake, then we come back and eat the food. Obviously that didn't go over well with my girlfriend or me who assumed all 4 of us were going to hang out. I was just kinda floored at the rudeness of it and gave no clear answer.

I text him the next day we'll have to raincheck. He replies "wow, let us know when you have time to pencil us in your busy schedule". I could tell he was pissed. And us? You wanted to split us up into twos, dude.

The hell? I nicely explained that since I was planning on them coming over in the afternoon...for weeks...we had plans earlier in the day. They were still welcome to come over as planned and I would feed them as planned. They did and I just pretended it never happened.

Where I come from you accept or decline an invitation. You don't counter-invite the day before AND volunteer your buddy's woman to cook for you. I swear I want to hit him in the face sometimes. Known him my entire life and he's a good dude, just oblivious. I actually think he might be some sort of mild autism case. His lack of social grace is bizzarre. He honestly seems confused by it.

Our gay friends all moved to gay cities. Only one left in OK and he's in OKC.

Dude, you obviously have no clue as to the dynamics of women in a relationship. After almost 30 years, I've realized my childhood and/or good friends do not trump whatever well reasoned response we have. Therefore, whatever we respond, it will be wrong. And they will turn you guys against each other, even if it's a little bit.

Can you imagine an argument about this when single? Probably not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom