Well, I didn't shoot my eye out!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just pleased as punch. Made my first 25 rounds of 9mm today. I used Hornady 124gr XTP bullets with 4.0gr of Hogdon TiteGroup. My Beretta functioned flawlessly and accuracy was as good as could be expected due to my nerves. I am happy as hell and addicted. Thanks to all who walked me through the process to get started.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to your new addiction!
When my wife wonders where I'm at, all she has to do is look out the window and watch the shadow of my arm moving up and down on the reloader. She is happy, and I am too knowing I'm loading premium ammo at junk ammo prices.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I don't have an out building to use...yet, but for now I am just occupying a spare bedroom. I wasn't 100% sure where I wanted the press so I'm using C clamps for now until I decide on a permanent location for the machine.

i974.photobucket.com_albums_ae225_radarmonkey73_2012_12_29_17_13_05_550_zps20172818.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
congratulations on the new hobby. the money you save is satisfying enough but it will also make shooting more enjoyable.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well radarmonkey it's probably too late to help you. You're hooked. Might as well just dig in and enjoy your new addiction. I picked up pecans and bought a brand new RCBS jr. and a Mec jr. when I was 17 years old. I'm now 62 and still haven't worn either one of them out.
My advice would be to buy good reloading manuals and read them. Be mindful of what you're doing when you're reloading, and try not to reload when someone is wanting to visit. In other words just keep your mind on what you're doing. If you will do these few simple things you will never have a mishap or one of those that just go pop...Welcome to the group of reloaders.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well radarmonkey it's probably too late to help you. You're hooked. Might as well just dig in and enjoy your new addiction. I picked up pecans and bought a brand new RCBS jr. and a Mec jr. when I was 17 years old. I'm now 62 and still haven't worn either one of them out.
My advice would be to buy good reloading manuals and read them. Be mindful of what you're doing when you're reloading, and try not to reload when someone is wanting to visit. In other words just keep your mind on what you're doing. If you will do these few simple things you will never have a mishap or one of those that just go pop...Welcome to the group of reloaders.

Thanks, I got the Speer book and the Lyman book to guide me. I'm sure I will have 100's of more questions before I'm done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom