Well I saw my first baiter today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that. I was told one time by a GW that it was unlawful to USE A MOTOR VEHICLE TO LOCATE GAME. Dennis, you probably know who told me that. The same one that was going to write a ticket for Using a Motor Vehicle to block game's normal path........The guy was parked in a pasture gate.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now while I know that most people hate baiters its not like someone is forcing people to take the bait.[/B]

Michael

I'm not sure where this is coming from. I've never heard a real outcry of people opposed to baiting (let alone hating any enforcement agents who use such tactics). Are you just getting that from the individuals that get caught on tv shows?

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When exactly is mechanical deer season?

Back on topic.
The GW's set one up not far from my old farm about 5 or 10 years ago. I was seriously surprised when they didn't catch anyone. I know for a fact several of the folks in near proximity to my place hunted from their trucks on a regular basis all year.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
When exactly is mechanical deer season?

Back on topic.
The GW's set one up not far from my old farm about 5 or 10 years ago. I was seriously surprised when they didn't catch anyone. I know for a fact several of the folks in near proximity to my place hunted from their trucks on a regular basis all year.

They don't use them in Uraguay, you're safe:D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that. I was told one time by a GW that it was unlawful to USE A MOTOR VEHICLE TO LOCATE GAME. Dennis, you probably know who told me that. The same one that was going to write a ticket for Using a Motor Vehicle to block game's normal path........The guy was parked in a pasture gate.

Yeah, I know who your talking about. Another of those grey areas we have in okla that can be interpreted in two ways.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously, I wish they would use more mechanical deer. I have personally got out of my truck to run deer off just to try to prevent some jacka$$ from shooting them. I also watched an 86 year old man get a ticket for shooting a deer from the road. This was after he told me it was his 7th one to shoot that season.......This guy would just keep driving back and forth on the same mile section..What he didn't know was the same warden that Dennis and I are refering to lived less than 3 miles from there.......

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The GW here in Payne Co uses a coyote decoy for his baiting sometimes. He says very few people go past it without taking a poke at it. I like the decoys.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MLR
Now while I know that most people hate baiters its not like someone is forcing people to take the bait.[/B]

Michael
I'm not sure where this is coming from. I've never heard a real outcry of people opposed to baiting (let alone hating any enforcement agents who use such tactics). Are you just getting that from the individuals that get caught on tv shows?
Reread my original post. I mentioned both baiting by Government officials against citizens and baiting by private citizens against those same Government officials. My point was that in both cases no law is broken by baiting. That in both cases it is important that the party being baited know that law and refuse to take the bait. I mentioned both police and open carry folks who attempt to bait.

Michael

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reread my original post. I mentioned both baiting by Government officials against citizens and baiting by private citizens against those same Government officials. My point was that in both cases no law is broken by baiting. That in both cases it is important that the party being baited know that law and refuse to take the bait. I mentioned both police and open carry folks who attempt to bait.

Michael

I still haven't heard of many folks who have a problem with baiting to catch criminals. Glad you got to be a part of the setup and the discussion that ensued. I've always wanted to see one myself.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I still haven't heard of many folks who have a problem with baiting to catch criminals. Glad you got to be a part of the setup and the discussion that ensued. I've always wanted to see one myself.
As long as its done legally I don't have much of a problem with baiting either. Be it law enforcement or open carriers who do the baiting. Its the hypocrisy of saying its fine for the Government to do it but not to have it done to them.
Now when it becomes entrapment thereby illegal I have a problem. No matter who is being entrapped.

Michael

Latest posts

Top Bottom