What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are loading up ammo for a big prairie dog shoot in a couple of weeks, and we are all shooting custom built 7mm-204 Improved rifles.

We are taking 300 rounds per rifle, so that's a total of 1,500 rounds that we will be taking with us.

The two loads that we will be shooting are Speer's 110 gr. TNT and Hornady's 120 gr. V-Max. Both loads are pushed to just over 2,500 fps..

IMG_20240523_125504791~2.jpg

IMG_20240523_125936022_HDR~2.jpg

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inadvertently put my 5.56 Tac powder drum in powder feed when setting back up for my 147gr 9mm titepoop load. 1st test dump revealed that, Houston we have a problem, after seeing the mound of powder sitting atop the lone 9mm case and all over the Lee progressive. After looking up at thumb screw on small drum and seeing it screwed almost all the way out, the words of the great Jamie Hyneman popped into my head:"Well, there's your problem!" After cleaning all that back up and switching the CORRECT drum back out, I loaded about 200 rounds of rn to get ready for when my whisper pickle gets outta jail.:hithead:
Did I mention that I'm ready for the weekend already!:faint:

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Came out to my reloading room to load up some 32 H&R mags, but now I'm just priming and belling case mouths to get ready. Talking to a friend about the weird data I've been getting from this gun (velocity way slower than powder charge shows in manuals), and he mentions maybe my chronograph is off? Well s***, why didn't I think of that!?! So I guess I will go run some loads over it that I have data for and see if its the same...

Latest posts

Top Bottom