Went to buy a new car today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today I was going around to different car lots in search of a new car, and at one of the places I went to J.T. Thatcher was my salesperson. He played for OU he played through 2000. He set several records for special teams, it was pretty cool getting to meet him. he even let me try on his National Championship Ring. Here is a link about him http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/aa-jt-thatcher-2000.html

This is so sweet. I bet you get a really good deal on the car. Maybe you'll get to take a picture of him wearing the ring and handing you the keys to your new car.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of years ago when I was looking for a new pickup, he was working at Fowler Dodge. We made a deal for a truck they were bringing in. When it came time to pick it up, they wouldn't honor the deal. I ended up going someplace else and getting an even better deal.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We bought a new car a couple years ago at a local dealership...the finance guy must have been another has-been OU guy. His office was decked out in OU stuff and he kept dropping hints about his glory days...as if to dazzle us with his former college football greatness.

Unfortunately for him my wife and I aren't college football fans so we were able to focus on the numbers and throw back a bunch of stuff he was trying to slide into the contract.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotta be the fact that he had a championship ring that gets aggies all fired up. I can understand, since they don't have any. Oh, except for the boys in tights.

:D

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta be the fact that he had a championship ring that gets aggies all fired up. I can understand, since they don't have any. Oh, except for the boys in tights.

:D

I have a buddy in OKC that owns a pawn shop and he has some really nice OU championship rings in his display.

Latest posts

Top Bottom