What’s Up With El Reno?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's too bad that El Reno has the rep it does. It's where you'd need to go west to actually be out of the city, now that Yukon is basically an annex of OKC with Edmond traffic. El Reno has a kinda cool downtown and quite a few historic houses. But it has always had a perception problem - a fair amount of it deserved.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then I hope you guys never have to play Wewoka. They got into our locker room and stole pretty much everything they could one year back when we played them in football. And it seemed like every time we played Tishomingo, Coalgate, and several other SE Oklahoma high schools we got pelted with stuff on our way out of town.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know the details, but similar crap happened last week between Jones/Spencer. Dumb people doing dump stuff w/o consideration of their brothers and sisters / neighbors.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m sorry but El Reno is a crappy town… I’ve known people (with kids) who lived there in a nice neighborhood off the golf course but chose to move because of terrible schools. Just gonna say it… El Reno has a large low income Hispanic population and lots of poor white druggies. It is what it is, it can be pretty rough around there.

I love Ross seed company/hardware store! Great folks there! The chainsaw carving artist shop is cool. Pecinas and Sid’s yeah they’re good. Lots of good people there, but overall it’s rough

I used to fish the lake sometimes but got tired of constantly being asked for money by methheads or being disturbed by groups of obnoxious teenagers.

I’m not surprised El Reno students would behave the way you described

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's not saying much. Remember about 10-20 yrs ago one of the states prisons Wardens wife ran off with a prisoner she help escape I think...lol Something to that effect.
Don't remember what prison it was but your correct. They were found 10 or so years later on a small acreage in Northeast Texas where they had set up a home stead. He was a trustee if I remember right.

Found it!

https://tucson.com/news/national/ok...cle_2146019a-2e4e-5ef7-9572-5f83727ae596.html

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's not saying much. Remember about 10-20 yrs ago one of the states prisons Wardens wife ran off with a prisoner she help escape I think...lol Something to that effect.
Bobbi Parker, 1994. The Wardens wife ran off with a prisoner. Totally a screwed up deal.

BTW the population never changes in El Reno. Every time some gal gets pregnant some guy leaves town. 😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom