What a Day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't own any rifles but I have a question for those of you who are more knowledgeable. If you bought a lower pre-ban (theorizing of course) could you build the AR post-ban?

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't own any rifles but I have a question for those of you who are more knowledgeable. If you bought a lower pre-ban (theorizing of course) could you build the AR post-ban?

Probably. It will depend on the specifics of the potential legislation. I suspect what will be proposed will ban the sale and transfer of NEW rifles and possibly the sale and transfer of existing rifles. I don't think it will go so far as to try to ban the possesion of existing rifles.

The only serial numbered part of the AR-15 is the lower receiver. Essentially to the BATFE the lower receiver is the part of the firearm that IS the firearm. Every other part on the rifle can be bought without an FFL involved. So I suspect that a stripped lower sold "pre-ban" will be considered a "preban" firearm. Keep in mind this is all based on speculation and wild ass guessing, so YMMV.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can only imagine, this country has gone full retard.....

Guess its a good thing I live out in the sticks far away from any decent gun shops or I would most likly be in the midst of it all...LOL

second that. I feel i am real short on AK mags and i cant hardly find them anywhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom