What AR style 22lr to buy???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsadave2003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i love my spikes tactical conversion kit, have literally ran thousands of rounds through it, broke my trigger pin(which is good shows me the weak points of ar parts) I have it in an dpms heavy barrel upper, the upper is a cheap one that doesnt have a forward assist or dust cover (forward assist is not used in .22 anyway) cant say enough good things about it.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wondered about that Sig 522, but so far I can't find a single person that owns one and is willing to give a detailed range report.

I'd love to hear more about it.

Don't know for sure if they've shipped yet. Certainly not a lot of them out there yet. Sig 556 is awesome. I'm sure the 522 isn't in that league, though.

I did hear that they ship with a scope (or red dot). Not sure if that's true.

Beercules

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting.

I've just always been hesitant because I don't want a bunch of buildup in my Sabre/DD barrels. If you say it's GTG, I might give it a try.

Does POA/POI vary between .22LR/.223 within say, 50 yards?

Indeed it does. A 50 yard 5.56 zero gives something in the range of a 25 yard zero with .22 in my experience. That being said, you are within about 3 inches of the 5.56 trajectory out to 100 yards with this setup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom