What are you listening to today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I was a teenager, I was big into heavy metal hair bands: Motley Crue, Dokken, Poison, stuff like that. Then I discovered bands like Metallica, The Misfits, Megadeth, Anthrax. Then, shortly after that, I got into stuff like Alice In Chains, Godsmack and The Offspring. And I still toss in a little Conway Twitty, George Strait and Jimmy Buffett.

But if I'm ever feeling kinda down and missing my folks, or just needing some food for my soul, this is what I listen to. This was their favorite stuff...

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure I should link any videos -- this guy is VERY NSFW ... Or anything else, either, for that matter, 'cept for being on the jukebox at Margarita Island ... Lol

Ok ... I'll link ONE video but open at your own risk. This is your trigger warning, guys! (Oh and this one is pretty tame! 🤗)

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when I was a teenager, I was big into heavy metal hair bands: Motley Crue, Dokken, Poison, stuff like that. Then I discovered bands like Metallica, The Misfits, Megadeth, Anthrax. Then, shortly after that, I got into stuff like Alice In Chains, Godsmack and The Offspring. And I still toss in a little Conway Twitty, George Strait and Jimmy Buffett.

But if I'm ever feeling kinda down and missing my folks, or just needing some food for my soul, this is what I listen to. This was their favorite stuff...

This kind of music can mellow you out, even in the big cities.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been re-listening to the Jack Carr books since the new one comes out next week.
I've been listening to a lot of Jack Carr himself recently. He was on Andy Stumpf's podcast last week to the tune of 3 hours, plus he did four hours (!) on his own Danger Close podcast this week, talking to Jariko Denman. And last week's episode was the Prologue and first two chapters of his forthcoming novel, Only the Dead. I'm on the fence about listening to that one, given that I've already pre-ordered the novel (Audible and hardback)...

Latest posts

Top Bottom