What do law enforcement officers think of the Oathkeepers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thankful for folks like ronin & Michael. Once...an oath...stick to it...period!
Trouble is, there obviously are so many that took the same oath to whom it meant nothing...otherwise there would be no Oathkeepers.

That being the case, I think it is a good group for some of those possibly 'on the fence' or 'undecided' or 'in the frigging dark' about the oath they took. Perhaps learning about Oathkeepers was an eye-opener to them. Or a lesson learned and they finally put their big boy britches on!

Thanks to all our LEOs who take their oath seriously!

Sent from HT's iPad using Tapatalk HD

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am in agreement with the declaration.

I disagree with having an organization dedicated to keeping oaths.

I find such a group to be all hat and no saddle.

Just keep your oath; there's no need to have an organization glamorizing the fact that you are doing what you already promised to do.

My take.

Michael Brown

I'd wholeheartedly agree. Sadly, there are too many public officials these days that the Oath is merely a ceremonial process to be endured on the way to a choice job with special privileges.

Professing my continued and unrelenting defense of the Constitution is not a message for the citizens. It's a message to my fellow public officials who didn't take the Oath seriously when they swore it. :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took the Oath in the 70's. I still believe in it.

Will I stand in my front yard beating my chest screaming take it from my cold dead hands?

No. There are other ways to defend the oath besides guns.......

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you took an oath, you already promised.

Promising to promise is too Bart Simpson to me.

I meant it the first time.

YMMV.

Michael Brown

Mr. Brown,
I respect your position. Even though I do not personally know you, by your very informative posts on this site I would have no inclination you would even slightly deviate from your oath. Your sharing of information in your posts make your position very clear.

Unfortunately many other people who have taken this oath that many of us feel we might have a need to depend on some day, are not as bold at sharing their convictions and information as you are. Wish they were.

I seems that in this day and age many of us in the public, such as this thread starter and a lot of others wonder about the dedication of many of the others who have taken the oath over the years that might affect us sometime in the future.
For me, I have seen the actions of too many, particularly politicians, who have taken a similar oath and it did not matter.

I can agree with this poster on his basic idea, every once in a while you might want to take inventory of how many sealed boxes you still have on the shelf in the storeroom. After that, all you can do is hope the content of those boxes is what they actually professes to be when they get opened.

Thanks to everyone for their input. Lots to think about.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. Brown,
I respect your position. Even though I do not personally know you, by your very informative posts on this site I would have no inclination you would even slightly deviate from your oath. Your sharing of information in your posts make your position very clear.

Unfortunately many other people who have taken this oath that many of us feel we might have a need to depend on some day, are not as bold at sharing their convictions and information as you are. Wish they were.

I seems that in this day and age many of us in the public, such as this thread starter and a lot of others wonder about the dedication of many of the others who have taken the oath over the years that might affect us sometime in the future.
For me, I have seen the actions of too many, particularly politicians, who have taken a similar oath and it did not matter.

I can agree with this poster on his basic idea, every once in a while you might want to take inventory of how many sealed boxes you still have on the shelf in the storeroom. After that, all you can do is hope the content of those boxes is what they actually professes to be when they get opened.

Thanks to everyone for their input. Lots to think about.

I don't disagree at all that there are a large number of people that don't take their oaths seriously.

I look at it the same way I look at people who display a Bible all the time; If you really mean it, you don't need to tell people what you are. They will see it in your actions.

I just don't believe that belonging to this organization is any indication of someone's real intention to honor their oath. I just think it's mostly chest-beating.

As far as auditing those who do not intend to honor their oaths and know it already, this organization will not shame those kind of people into keeping their oath.

For those reasons I find Oathkeepers to be more innocuous than anything.

Michael Brown

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't disagree at all that there are a large number of people that don't take their oaths seriously.

I look at it the same way I look at people who display a Bible all the time; If you really mean it, you don't need to tell people what you are. They will see it in your actions.

I just don't believe that belonging to this organization is any indication of someone's real intention to honor their oath. I just think it's mostly chest-beating.

As far as auditing those who do not intend to honor their oaths and know it already, this organization will not shame those kind of people into keeping their oath.

For those reasons I find Oathkeepers to be more innocuous than anything.

Michael Brown

Maybe it is time more LEO's start beating their chests, so the opposition knows it's agenda will be impossible to achieve.

Latest posts

Top Bottom