what do you all use..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I dunno if this is the right place to post this, but I have 3 stainless rifles and sometimes the finish on the barrel gets scuffed or dirty from hunting, whats the best way to clean it up without hurting the finish???

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had two Brownings and one Remington with stainless actions and barrels. I've never done anything other than soak a patch with Hoppe's and rub them down. Seems to get rid of 90% of all marks.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4 O steel wool and lots of rem oil.
The folks on the S&W forum say that its good for minor surface rust on blued guns as well.
If it were me, I'd remove the barrel from the stock and try this on a part of the barrel than can't be seen to make sure it doesn't do something you don't want.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4 O steel wool and lots of rem oil.
The folks on the S&W forum say that its good for minor surface rust on blued guns as well.
If it were me, I'd remove the barrel from the stock and try this on a part of the barrel than can't be seen to make sure it doesn't do something you don't want.

I'll second that. 0000 steel and rem oil or WD. Always worked for mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom