What days are you taking off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have about 5-6 weekdays in November I can take off and trying to figure out which ones are the best. Haven’t seen any shooters on the cameras yet or while bow hunting, but hopeful that happens soon. I usually just hunt when I can and still will on the weekends, but tomorrow when I get to work I want to submit some time off for Nov.

Do any of you guys keep up with moon phases or other rut calendars and have some ideal dates in Nov that you are hunting?

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it all depends on where you hunt. I hunt out West and hunting doesn't get good until the week before Turkey day usually. Other folks have good hunting right now.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This article is interesting on moon phase effects, if any, on GPS-collared deer:
https://www.themeateater.com/wired-.../the-debate-about-lunar-effects-on-whitetails
Elsewhere I read that weather trumps moon phase and hunting pressure trumps them both. The bottom line from the article above is: Deer activity neither increased nor decreased significantly during all three moon phases.

My job affords me plenty of time off, but scheduling many months (preferably a year) in advance. I hope to start the drive from AZ on 17 November and back on 02 December.

I'm going to put down a couple of ground blinds as soon as I get to OK and then camp in them until I limit (2 does and a buck). During the mid-day lull, I'll walk my place to see if I can figure out the deer patterns between bedding (likely to the west of me), food (I'm offering plenty), and water (east side of my place, which abuts the Eufaula WMA.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This article is interesting on moon phase effects, if any, on GPS-collared deer:
https://www.themeateater.com/wired-.../the-debate-about-lunar-effects-on-whitetails
Elsewhere I read that weather trumps moon phase and hunting pressure trumps them both. The bottom line from the article above is: Deer activity neither increased nor decreased significantly during all three moon phases.

My job affords me plenty of time off, but scheduling many months (preferably a year) in advance. I hope to start the drive from AZ on 17 November and back on 02 December.

I'm going to put down a couple of ground blinds as soon as I get to OK and then camp in them until I limit (2 does and a buck). During the mid-day lull, I'll walk my place to see if I can figure out the deer patterns between bedding (likely to the west of me), food (I'm offering plenty), and water (east side of my place, which abuts the Eufaula WMA.

I’m curious about hunting pressure around me as the article mentioned it being a big factor. I’m sure other people hunt near by, just unsure how much, rifle only etc?

Got feeders topped off last week that should last until December so trying to stay out of that area and hopefully more deer will become active in the daylight

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This coming weekend, IMO, is shaping up to be good. It was CRAZY hot this weekend - hit 82 at our place on Sunday. Hot most of week until Thursday then rain and lower temps. I'll be off the 13th and 14th for 2 reasons: looks to be a great time to hunt and co-owners of property will be in for a few days to hunt. Also taking off around Thanksgiving since have the holiday off and will be switching to rifle from bow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom