What days are you taking off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This coming weekend, IMO, is shaping up to be good. It was CRAZY hot this weekend - hit 82 at our place on Sunday. Hot most of week until Thursday then rain and lower temps. I'll be off the 13th and 14th for 2 reasons: looks to be a great time to hunt and co-owners of property will be in for a few days to hunt. Also taking off around Thanksgiving since have the holiday off and will be switching to rifle from bow.
I just got home a few hours ago and am now seriously considering trying to work it out to come back up Thursday or Friday to be in the stand for the new moon.
Y’all can believe what you want about moon phases and deer movement, but I’ve deer on the wall from trips made just to hunt a new moon. :anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have about 5-6 weekdays in November I can take off and trying to figure out which ones are the best. Haven’t seen any shooters on the cameras yet or while bow hunting, but hopeful that happens soon. I usually just hunt when I can and still will on the weekends, but tomorrow when I get to work I want to submit some time off for Nov.

Do any of you guys keep up with moon phases or other rut calendars and have some ideal dates in Nov that you are hunting?
I’ll be off 24/7, 365 days from here on out.
The secret to moon phases is to be in the stand no matter what the moon phase is. Your trophy during rut doesn’t care. They go stupid just like a 20 year old in a meat market dance hall, hitting on anything with a skirt.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ll be off 24/7, 365 days from here on out.
The secret to moon phases is to be in the stand no matter what the moon phase is. Your trophy during rut doesn’t care. They go stupid just like a 20 year old in a meat market dance hall, hitting on anything with a skirt.
I know you’re right about buck activity during the rut, but I’ve literally had nocturnal bucks show themselves in the daylight for the first time on the new moon in October on multiple occasions.
As sucky as this season has been, what do you have to lose by gambling on a new moon?!?
Hell, I don’t even have a ”target“ buck this year and am willing to drive 500 miles to hunt this weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom