What do you know about S&W M&P

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also for the record I think it's rather simple to remove the safety if you end up with one of those. I think mine was born with a safety.
Your correct. There are aftermarket kits out there that remove the thumb safety. That was always one of my requirements. No thumb safety even though I love 1911's that are equipped with one.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the full size 4.6" M2.0 in .45 without thumb safety. It's reliable with 230 gr Federal HST's and surprisingly soft shooting. I don't carry it away from home since it is kind of like hanging a moose on your belt and it doesn't conceal well at all for me but I do enjoy shooting it.

A fair number of my semi autos are M&P's, in 9mm and .40. I also have Shields in 9mm and .45. None of them have the thumb safeties although my full size 9mm was originally bought with one. Frame plugs are available and they're not hard to remove. I get why some people are more comfortable with a external safety but I trust quality guns without them, if I didn't I wouldn't carry them.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can get mag extensions to move the round count up to 20.
20?! I only got 14!
IMG_20220630_180404_01_1.jpg

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a 1.0 in 45 from a police trade-in and like it well enough. Only bad thing I've heard about them is some people don't like the hinged trigger and some yankee trade-ins were mandated to have #10 trigger pull to be in regulation. So if you jump on a Maryland, Delaware or the like trooper trade-in be sure to budget for a spring kit.
I built up an ar-45 that uses a stern defense mag adapter so I can use the m&p mags for both. Just stay away from Promag for the m&p since they are physically bigger than factory mags and may not fit or fall away when released.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom