What Guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marshall, I think a lot of people have actually went to Glock from other favored handguns for just that reason. Since the majorit of LEO carry them and lots of Civillians, mags and parts should be easier to find. I'm sticking to my HK's, tho. Guess I'll just have to buy more mags!

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I've got is my EOTW starter kit:
[Broken External Image]

Hopefully I'll have enough 9mm & .22lr on hand to last me until i can join up with a rag-tag bunch of survivalists.
I'm open to requests for starting an "Alliance".

usmcvet9803

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is what I currently have.. I would take my 4"686+ & my 10/63 AK47. If it could take my ideal firearms it would be the 686+ and a .357 Lever action carbine. Only have to carry one cartridge but both firearms will fire two types of ammo.There is no need for magazines. Both will fire with little attention to cleanliness for long periods of time( not my standard practice but in a SHTF type scenario it's an advantage) The .357 out of a 16-18" barrel is plenty hot enough to take down medium game.Some people would see less value in them v.s. someone with an AR and Glock, potentially reducing my chances of being someones first target. Of course with any pick there would be draw backs. I admit ammo would not be as easy to find as .22,9mm.40 or even 45. and I have lower capacity weapons which means I would have to adjust my tactics and would not be able to lay down the same amount of suppressive fire. Call me crazy but, that is what I would grab.

TSgt Twitch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive seen many folks say 10/22s, but why suppressed? I just bought a 10/22 takedown, and want to know the thinking behind getting it suppressed for WROL situations.

The 10/22 is your food getter, your out getting food, someone close hears the shot, they know you have food and general area you are in, in a defensive/scouting role could provide excellent "fear" factor component. Also increased trhe likelyhood you will get two squirrells instead of one while out.

bratti

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 10/22 is your food getter, your out getting food, someone close hears the shot, they know you have food and general area you are in, in a defensive/scouting role could provide excellent "fear" factor component. Also increased trhe likelyhood you will get two squirrells instead of one while out.

That clarifies it for me. Thanks

swatie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guns? Some .22 LR rifle I felt I could shoot well with, and a pistol or revolver at least .40 pistol or .357 revolver. Might take a big gun, 45/70 or .308, too, depending on where I was going to hit the bigger animals. Depends on what kind of room I had for everything--the big guns are heavy. Might take a bow and arrows, too. Don't have to worry about noise with those.

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Already planned for and packed a bag for. 10/22 in rifle scabbard on backpak, AR 5.56 on 3-point sling, and S&W 9mm on hip. Can hold 4-10/22 mags (40rnds), 4-5.56 mags (120rnds), and 2-9mm mags (32rnds) in my tactical vest. In backpak, have packed an additional 1,500rnds .22lr, 200rnds 5.56 green tip, and 200rnds 9mm 147gr.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Already planned for and packed a bag for. 10/22 in rifle scabbard on backpak, AR 5.56 on 3-point sling, and S&W 9mm on hip. Can hold 4-10/22 mags (40rnds), 4-5.56 mags (120rnds), and 2-9mm mags (32rnds) in my tactical vest. In backpak, have packed an additional 1,500rnds .22lr, 200rnds 5.56 green tip, and 200rnds 9mm 147gr.

Where do you keep your snacks?

Latest posts

Top Bottom