What is 22 long rifle worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it worth 8cents a round if you could buy 1000 round bulks and buy all you want of it?

EDIT- Is it worth 8 cents around, factoring in time, taxes and fuel going and hunting it down, and do you see it staying below 8 cents around?

Reason I ask, is I have a chance to buy 100k rounds at 8 cents a round, I don't need any of it, but would keep a few more thousand rounds to set back for my grandkids and sell the rest at what I paid to get it all. 8 cents a round.

So is it worth 8 cents a round to not have to travel, wait, look and buy all you want?

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Short answer, NFW.

More complex answer, depends on the type of ammo and what they buyer is willing to pay. Generic plinking .22LR is available for half that if you are patient and shop around.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Short answer, NFW.

More complex answer, depends on the type of ammo and what they buyer is willing to pay. Generic plinking .22LR is available for half that if you are patient and shop around.

I went back and edited my initial post.

I would have to agree with both of your answers, but I wonder if it will stay at half that 4 cents a round for very long. All that I have seen on the shelves is pretty close to 7 cents around after taxes, not including gas to go get it, and time. So was wondering is 8 cents a round, that out of line?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some folks are gleefully paying more than .08 a round, so I don't think it's so far out of line that you'd get flamed for it....

Mr. E

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last week I bought 400 rounds of hollow point 22 at wallyworld for 5.97 per hundred. The next day at the gun show dill holes were selling the same stuff for 18.00 a box.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it worth 8cents a round if you could buy 1000 round bulks and buy all you want of it?

EDIT- Is it worth 8 cents around, factoring in time, taxes and fuel going and hunting it down, and do you see it staying below 8 cents around?

Reason I ask, is I have a chance to buy 100k rounds at 8 cents a round, I don't need any of it, but would keep a few more thousand rounds to set back for my grandkids and sell the rest at what I paid to get it all. 8 cents a round.

So is it worth 8 cents a round to not have to travel, wait, look and buy all you want?

As so eloquently stated above, "No Fricken Way."
Your heart is in the right place, but whoever is offering you this "opportunity" is only motivated by profit. Even if they paid $0.07/rd, they're making a thousand bucks off of you! Chances are, they paid more like four to five cents a round...
Personally, I would love to see every one of those .22 flippers lose their shirts on their "investment."
I've said it before & I'll say it again - I'd sell my .22's before I participate in the gouging.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
At that volume, it's a bit high, yes. I'd consider it at $0.06 or so, but I don't think I'd pay that much for it. Jus' me. It's not as high as the gougers are charging, but it's well above the big-box store prices for bulk ammo. Now... depends on what brand and type we're talking about. If you're talking MiniMags, I'll buy those from you at $0.08, Rick! :D I'm not out of .22, but my stock is considerably diminished... I'm thinking I'm down around 1-1.5k now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom