What is 22 long rifle worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you might be over estimating gas prices. Most folks I know don't drive around looking for .22lr...they pick it up whenever they find it while out doing other stuff. That's how I got the last 1k+rounds I bought.

Now, your .07 per round will sound good to many when they figure in Internet orders and shipping charges...

This. We typically just buy when we see it ... The general rule of thumb around here for any caliber is buy 2, shoot 1 ... I don't imagine we are ever gonna run out of ammo using that philosophy ... :P Whoever is the last one to die in this house is gonna have a hell of a garage sale ... :naughty:

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you guys ever heard of Cabelas? They have it is stock weekly and have been having free shipping for a couple weeks now. It does sell out rather fast but it pops back up in a couple days....

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought it. 100k rounds. 50k of it is gone. I guess 7 cents is not a bad price. Did some checking online and with shipping and such 22 is not 5 cents no more. Most don't want to waste their time running around, standing in line, picking up a box here and there, as I was sure not going to. My time is better spent elsewhere, with my grandkids and family. I wish and hope that for our Shooting Sports, our children, grandchildren, and the future of our hobby, hunting and interests that it gets all the way back to 2 or 3 cents a around. I hope it does, even though I paid more.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call it a convenience charge. Kinda like buying a soda at 7-11 or one of those $8 beers at a Thunder game. Blammo is back except for 22. Even that is popping up. I picked up a bucket of 1400 of standard 22lr and a 300 count of mini mags within a week.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay .08 per round unless it was super match ammo and even then I still wouldn't.

I think I have a couple of the orange plastic boxes CCI mini mags that I won on here last year which is the majority of my .22 supply. I can't find more to buy that isn't supporting some reseller, which I refuse to do and I can't shoot what I have or I'll have nothing. We do have a partial bulk box of some really bad ammo that's all beat to hell, I'm not sure what happened to it but it came like that. It won't run in any of the semi auto's because it's so misshapen so we've been using it in the single shot rifles and single action revolver.

It has to come back to normal at some point, until then our .22's will just gather dust I guess but I'm not paying more than .04 per round for standard ammo. I'll throw rocks before I give a penny to those reselling slime.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call it a convenience charge. Kinda like buying a soda at 7-11 or one of those $8 beers at a Thunder game. Blammo is back except for 22. Even that is popping up. I picked up a bucket of 1400 of standard 22lr and a 300 count of mini mags within a week.

I like that Hoov! I figure a couple cents more is worth it to see my grandkids be able to grow up shooting. Like I said, I had enough for them set back, this ensures I have more than enough. I do have some to spare if anyone else wants in for what I paid for it, not a penny more. I have about 9 to 10 thousand rounds that I don't have room for in our safe's.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still shooting some of mine from back when Clinton was in office, so no for me.

Hey, we just shot up some that was left from Otasco Stores! Remember that store?? My two girls were raised shooting not only Ammo, but Rifles and Pistols that were bought from Otasco when they went out of business before my two girls were even born!!

For the ones that don't remember. Otasco meant Oklahoma Tire and Supply Company. One heck of a store in it's day and time!

Latest posts

Top Bottom