What is "fair"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a lucky one and have a few OSA members to thank. They gave me an excellent price on guns I did not have. Some mags and some ammo. If they wanted to or waited they may have been able to sell it for more. However they sold to me and gave me a chance. I have thanked them manty times in a few threads. I do not intend to sell even though I could clean up. I am all about making a proffit but on these items I will not. Kind of like selling that gun your dad or grandfather gave you for Christmas. Can't sell those either. Besides if you sell today you may not beable to replace it tomorrow for what you got today.

MuTau007

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First thing that came to mind when I started reading the post:

Our country has a problem, everyone crying about "it's not fair". Now those pansies are in power and cry so hard until they get what they want... We are here due to needy cry babies getting what they want! Quite giving the loudest baby what they want.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think all of us has had this thought on our minds at least once in the past few weeks. "What do I have that I don't need, how much is that selling for, wonder if my source is still available and if I could replace for a fair price?" I have seen some pricing here that I would be embarrassed to tell anyone about. I've also seen some pricing here that makes me be proud to be a member here. I've bought and sold my fair share here and have always tried to treat people right. I recently bought a lower and a complete AR. I paid a little more than I wanted to for the rifle but knew I would come out alright on the lower. I had a problem with putting it up for sale here because I didn't want to take advantage of anyone here and would feel more obligated to take less of a profit. Kind of like selling to family members. So I took it to the gun show and still sold it for a few hundred less than what most were asking for.

If someone has something to sell and they can get five times what they paid for it, good for them! If they can do that to a friend or family member, good for them! The way I look at it, if the work you put in an 8 hour day is worth $100 and your employer is willing to pay you $500 per day and he/she is still making good profit an happy with it, who the hell would turn that down?!

There is NOTHING not fair about a price being asked or given for a weapon as long as the buyer & seller are in agreance.

When the SHTF and a loaf of bread goes to $20. Then I will be the first to say "That's not fair"!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said in another thread on this subject "It's a sellers market."

That being said I think "if" I wanted a AR I would wait on the prices to come back a little closer to normal. Whatever normal is or will be.

Mr. President told us he was gonna do this. We couldn't predict the dissaster that happened at the school. But we knew they were gonna come at the AR's & AK's for sure. So a month or two ago would have been the time to buy. Now you might as well wait it out and hope rather than mortage the farm to buy one.

TurboFinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are many threads on here dealing with a "free market system" with little or no government interference. Now that a free market system is starting to affect some people here it is called price gouging.

i don't believe in "price gouging". the free market, if it is not interfered with, will dictate fair market value through price discovery. if the price is crazy to you, don't buy it. however, this is definitely NOT "the free market system with little or no government interference". they are interfering by threatening and attempting to implement a ban on firearms.

Barrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, if gas went to $50 a gallon overnight, would that be price gouging or free market?

Anyone wanna buy some $9000 Twinkies?

I agree with what was printed in the Tulsa World today, they printed it in jest...."One of Obama's stimulus plans that actually worked!"

A guy could have performed the same death and trauma with a 4x4 pick-up truck driving through the Sandy Hook school playground at lunch recess, would a new Z71 be worth $200,000???

Latest posts

Top Bottom