What Is Going On ,Too Much Anger On Here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What in the world is going on ? Almost anything posted turns into a text fistfight reply. I know we live in very stressful times but, our members should buy, sell, trade guns and support each other in bad times. Redirect that anger toward the Left and help save the country if possible.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree.
If you don't have anything nice to say etc etc.
Some things are stated as a funny joke then someone else gets all bent out of shape then the topic rolls off the road into the bar ditch.

No fun to read anymore and the topic is destroyed by the people tossing stones at each other.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too many looking for ANY reason to be offended. Or this is their sole outlet and they need to get out more....

For some reason, I’m thinking of the scene in “Good Morning Vietnam” where Robin Williams tells Sgt. Dickerson he’s more in dire need of a [censored] than any man in history...

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great thread, and spot on topic! I have also been wondering why so much discontent seems to have infected the site. We have some who seem to exist only to argue and insult others. I can tell you that the other mods as well as myself have been very lenient with using the WARNING system, whereby a person receives negative points that can add up quickly and result in a short time-out or even an automatic ban. I only speak for myself when I say that is tightening up. Example: Rather than issue a WARNING for "being rude to another member", I sent the errant member a PM and asked him to correct his ways. He shot one back to me and argued (tried to anyway) with me! That got him a brief stay in forum purgatory.

PLEASE: If you see negative behavior or rules violations, hit the REPORT button; that sends a PM to all the mods so we can act on the REPORT quickly and efficiently. We simply can't read every post, we have to rely on your help. Usually, when I see or learn of something that needs to be addressed, I start with a polite PM and ask them to stop. If it progresses or continues, then the WARNING kicks in. We ramp it up by steps when we see the need, and much of what we do is based on judgment. But until there is a better way, the REPORT button is our ally.

OSA is so much more than the classifieds, it's a Social Forum as well; a diversion from being locked up in the house, having to mask up etc. Thanks for starting this conversation.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree.
If you don't have anything nice to say etc etc.
Some things are stated as a funny joke then someone else gets all bent out of shape then the topic rolls off the road into the bar ditch.

No fun to read anymore and the topic is destroyed by the people tossing stones at each other.
What do you mean by that, Jeff? Was that directed at me??? Huh? You got something to say to me, you non-cell phone using, possum eatin’ #$&@*

Kidding, of course! I agree 100%. People are way to easy to get butt hurt these days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom