what is your opinion? GUN CONTROL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16/obama-gun-control-proposals_n_2486919.html

I am not sure what I think, but I am willing to make sure my family is protected. I have never yearned to own a gun of any kind. I am not keen on having them in my home, but I do feel that no one has the right to tell me I cannot have one.

I am not sure of what all is on the table or what is at stake for the future on AR, hi-cap mags, etc...

I am for getting guns out of the hands of mentally ill people and getting public places like schools etc more control. I do not want just crazy policemen to have the guns. I think that would lead to them having too much power.

I do think every gun should be registered, but I also know that will not stop illegal sales. I also know I would like to have guns that no one knows about because the way things are going they may try to take all the registered guns. So, that makes me one of those "people".

This really is beginning to sound like a bad movie.

BIG BROTHER IS watching type of movie.

Creeps me out..

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16/obama-gun-control-proposals_n_2486919.html

I am not sure what I think, but I am willing to make sure my family is protected. I have never yearned to own a gun of any kind. I am not keen on having them in my home, but I do feel that no one has the right to tell me I cannot have one.

I am not sure of what all is on the table or what is at stake for the future on AR, hi-cap mags, etc...

I am for getting guns out of the hands of mentally ill people and getting public places like schools etc more control. I do not want just crazy policemen to have the guns. I think that would lead to them having too much power.

I do think every gun should be registered, but I also know that will not stop illegal sales. I also know I would like to have guns that no one knows about because the way things are going they may try to take all the registered guns. So, that makes me one of those "people".

Creeps me out..

You asked what we think, so do not take this personally.

I think that you contradict yourself a little. I think you sound like you are newish to guns, or at least to viewing them as a hobby and a passion and still have a bit of fear of them from being raised in a society which has attempted to indoctrinate you in the belief that guns are evil and dangerous. I think you are realizing that this is not true and are beginning to discover there is much more to guns that what many people ever realize. And this is good. And you seem to realize that regardless of what you might decide is right for you, it is important that the rights of citizens are preserved and protected if we wish to maintain this constitutional republic.

You think all guns should be registered but yet don't feel comfortable with the government knowing what you have. Well, me either. But the only way to prevent them from having that control over us is to not have registration. And as you admit, its not like to prevent them from falling into the criminals hands anyways so what exactly would be the point to registration.

I have yearned to own many guns. I remember the day I got my first .22. I remember drooling over my first 1911. There are so many models I have admired and wanted over the years I can't name them all.

I have always had guns in the house and am perfectly comfortable with it. As a kid, my parents had guns and ammo and I knew where it was and it was accessible to me. And we knew better than to mess with it too. My Dad taught me to shoot and to clean guns and appreciate them for what they are. And I do. Now, as an adult and Father as well, I am choose to have guns in my home. Both for their aesthetic, and historic beauty, as I keep many historic models on display, as well as for the safety they provide for my family. I feel that it is my duty to pass on to my kids what I learned about guns from my Father.

So if that makes me a "gun nut" so be it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Creeps me out..
I think that you need to open your dang eyes!! You sound to be an anti gun person. If you are not keen on having a gun in your home or have never longed to have a gun then why in the world are you on this forum?? It makes no sense to me. I love guns and my right to have them. And I am a very patriotic American. And for you to want registration pisses me off. Are you so naive that you don't know what registration leads to? It leads to confiscation. No one in their right mind that is pro 2A would want registration, or any other restrictions for that matter. And for you to say this is very pathetic. I think you need to go to some other forum to post your idiotic opinions about our rights. And if you know that registration won't reduce crime then why in the world would you want it? Makes a lot of sense. Like others have said on here, why did you make this post? It almost sounds like a joke. Either that or you are about 6 years old and don't know anything about the 2A. Anyone that is a firearm enthusiast knows just about everything that is going on regarding our rights. So I say again, why are you even on here? I am gonna stop because it is making my head hurt thinking why you would post something so dumb.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You favor registration but "I also know I would like to have guns that no one knows about because the way things are going they may try to take all the registered guns."

I for one am confused.

Latest posts

Top Bottom