what is your opinion? GUN CONTROL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpg

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
interesting stories and reactions. Thanks for the input.

Now for the best part(s).

I love guns, own about 10 of them, my most recent purchase was a AK47 yugo variant. love that thing to death.

For the record, I was not trying to rile anyone up, I just wanted raw emotion and truth. I wanted to see what you guys/gals really think. I wanted to see, from a different perspsctive, how people in the gun community would react.

So, with full disclosure, that was my moms e-mail to me about guns, she has never owned a gun, nor shot a gun. She has since bought a S&W .22, Glock 17, stoeger 2000 12 gauge and now just last week an RRA Ar-15. At that instant I was shocked, but also pleased about her choices about getting a new hobby. According to her, since she is out showing houses, she wanted some protection and actually took her SDA class this past Sat. Personal protection aside, her thought pattern is that she didn't really want a new hobby, but to show the Gov't and Obama that they can't tell her what to do and what she can or can't buy. I understood the personal protection issues and taking the class to be a respectful and law-abiding citizen (getting a CCL etc...). However, I didn't see the logic behind buying guns to just buy them and that is why I OP'd what I did and the nature in which I did it.

I think some her comments about gun control, registering them, etc...is her lack of knowledge on the subject. So, be kind in that regard. Hopefully, I can explain to her the social issues surround gun control, 2A rights, etc...

Again, thanks for the input and I hope i didn't piss everyone off who read this. I hope you can see where I was coming from. I would also add that this is a friendly reminder that there are people out there who are uninformed and it's our job, as a community, to help educate those people...even if they are your parents.

proud gun ower,
AJ Phillips

CCW - 9MM Sig Sauer P290 or .45 ACP Kimber 1911
.45 Taurus Millenium
.380 Sig Sauer P270
9mm Glock 17
Sigma .40
.22 Marlin
30-06 Marlin
Zastova M70 AK47 Variant
Yildiz .410 over/under (love this thing)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since your mother is in favor of gun registration, I'd ask her if she has gone down to request that the city/county/state allow her to register her firearms with them. I think she ought to, since she is convicted that they should be. And if the city/county/state will not allow her to register them, why does she feel it is ok to own them? I mean... seems she feels they need to know to whom her guns belong, and that it should be a legal imperative to do so. If she can't, then is she willing to get rid of them, knowing that they are not being properly accounted-for by the people she freely thinks so be doing so?

Just a few questions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom