What kind of critter does this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fid

Marksman
Reaction score
ai1090.photobucket.com_albums_i380_ryanfiddler_1291308209.jpg

Hunting last night this is what it looked like below my stand. These marks were everywhere for about a 20 x 20 yard area. It looked like someone had taken the heel of their boot and scraped the leaves away down to the soil underneath. Anyone know what kind of critter does this?

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lame. I was hoping someone would say a turkey, deer, or hog:) Something I could shoot and eat!

Shooting part I can't help you with, but a nice Armadillo meetballs with a lot of ketchup makes you warm on a cold day!:sunbath:

http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zarmadillo.html

Armadillo Meat Balls
From "Complete Fish & Game Cookbook" by A.D. Livingston. © 1996

~ 1 lb cooked armadillo meat, ground
~ 1 egg
~ 2 tbsp minced celery
~ 2 tbsp minced onion
~ 1 tbsp minced parsley
~ 1 tsp salt
~ 1/2 tsp pepper
~ flour
~ oil

In a bowl, mix together the meat, egg, celery, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.

Form into 1 inch balls and refrigerate for 1 hour.

In a skillet, heat 3/4 inch of oil.

Roll the meat balls in the flour.

Fry the meat balls until brown.

Serve and Enjoy!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lame. I was hoping someone would say a turkey, deer, or hog:) Something I could shoot and eat!

The good news is that you can shoot them anytime you want to since they're not a "game mammal".

Once shot, scoop it up with a shovel and put it out in a pasture and then begin coyote hunting (have a call handy).

Bad news is... you can't eat coyotes either (well, I guess you could, but then you might as well eat the dillo).

BTW, if an Armadillo is touched (or smacked) on its back, it will bounce - you can make a game out of it by smacking it with a stick or your rifle-butt-stock and see how high you can make them "buck".

Yeah... I grew up in the country and we didn't have a lot of money for toys...

Latest posts

Top Bottom