What kind of critter does this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW, if an Armadillo is touched (or smacked) on its back, it will bounce - you can make a game out of it by smacking it with a stick or your rifle-butt-stock and see how high you can make them "buck".

Yeah... I grew up in the country and we didn't have a lot of money for toys...

LMAO, I love watching them jump. You should save that quote at the end. It should be a classic.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shooting part I can't help you with, but a nice Armadillo meetballs with a lot of ketchup makes you warm on a cold day!:sunbath:

http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zarmadillo.html

Armadillo Meat Balls
From "Complete Fish & Game Cookbook" by A.D. Livingston. © 1996

~ 1 lb cooked armadillo meat, ground
~ 1 egg
~ 2 tbsp minced celery
~ 2 tbsp minced onion
~ 1 tbsp minced parsley
~ 1 tsp salt
~ 1/2 tsp pepper
~ flour
~ oil

In a bowl, mix together the meat, egg, celery, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.

Form into 1 inch balls and refrigerate for 1 hour.

In a skillet, heat 3/4 inch of oil.

Roll the meat balls in the flour.

Fry the meat balls until brown.

Serve and Enjoy!

Same recipe for opossum also!

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely a Diller...

Most fun I've had with clothes on was hunting dillers on 4 wheelers a few years back during the drought. Dangerous as hell, but gun fun. We used a single shot 20 gauge to lessen the chances of an accident. One shooter and one spotter/herder.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely a Diller...

Most fun I've had with clothes on was hunting dillers on 4 wheelers a few years back during the drought. Dangerous as hell, but gun fun. We used a single shot 20 gauge to lessen the chances of an accident. One shooter and one spotter/herder.

Up here in flat ground wheat country, a rotweiller in a wheat field provides the ultimate fun.
A buddy has one huge one. Just kick them out at the gate, and follow them around the wheat field until you get tired of watching the murder and mayhem.

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Armadillo can be eaten. In fact during the Depression, armadillos were often eaten by hungry people. They were called “Hoover hogs” by people angry with then-President Herbert Hoover’s broken promise of a chicken in every pot. The meat tastes like fine-grained, high-quality pork. Do not be afraid to try it, it is good, just make sure it is well cooked. They can carry leprosy but the rate is so small as not be a real issue, paticulaly if its well cooked. We have had it several times at our trapping camp and fried with a little garlic and butter is a meal fit for a king. You just don't get large chunks of meat, generally just strips, but an armadillo can feed a couple people.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats what I as gonna say.... Leprosy! I guess in a SHTF scenario I would try it but as long as the Sonics are open I'll think I'll pass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom