What significant decreases in volume or quanity have you noticed in your grocery cart ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCSteve19

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really hit home just a minute ago when I picked up a box of Nabisco graham crackers to open for the first time and the packages were like moving around way to much......I opened the new box to find that I could slide my hand completely in box and touch the bottom of the box without taking any of the packages of crackers out.......each package was shorted 4-5 graham cracker sheets totally about 1 package per box, but we still are paying more for our damn groceries....BIDEN IS OUR PROBLEM

blacktot

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Bell peppers. Used to get three for maybe 3.00 or 3.50 in most places. Now I can get just two for the same price more or less.

I've noticed a lot of chocolate milks tend to have less chocolate if that makes any sense. They say to shake it like as if more chocolate flavor will magically appear. Said individual believes in Biden. There are also baguettes being sold for two bucks each at walmart. I thought I remembered them being just a dollar.

Shopping cart feels quite empty lately. Everything keeps going up in price. Good thing I didn't buy a house last year.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most items have been reduced in package size ad qty.

Ritz crackers for example. I noticed it several years ago.

Toilet paper has reduced in width about an inch. How do I know, well 24 years ago when my house was built I installed the toiler paper roll hangers and set them to just over the width of a roll, now theres a little over an inch in side to side play.

Most bottled goods have a large indentation in the bottom of the bottle, yet the over all bottle width and height remains the same, but you still get less volume, so less product.

Liquid laundry soap, tide for example, reduced the thickness of the jugs, from the front they look the same but when you pick one up its thinner, yup fewer loads per bottle, same price.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed the only chip I eat, a keto corn chip has a lot, and I mean significantly less of the cheesy goodness on them. So much less that they no longer taste like naCho cheese. I assume the are reducing the the coating since some of the dairy powders are getting harder to get

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It really hit home just a minute ago when I picked up a box of Nabisco graham crackers to open for the first time and the packages were like moving around way to much......I opened the new box to find that I could slide my hand completely in box and touch the bottom of the box without taking any of the packages of crackers out.......each package was shorted 4-5 graham cracker sheets totally about 1 package per box, but we still are paying more for our damn groceries....BIDEN IS OUR PROBLEM
I remember this also happening under Obamanations Presidency. I like Hunts spaghetti sauce and I didn’t realized the cans had shrunk until I was stocking my pantry. When I put the new cans in next to the old cans that I hadn’t used yet is when I noticed the difference in size. Also if I recall right they started putting less tunafish in the tunafish cans but kept them the same size. There are other things but at the moment I can’t recall them. It’s the same thing but it’s going on now. Getting less for paying the same price

Oh yeah I just remembered. Shrimp. I used to be able to buy it by the pound in Walmart and then they reduced it from 16 ounces to 12 and they raise the price. 25% less and paying 20% more.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom