What the heck???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother in law just got a savannah cat. It is part African cerval (SP), part Egyptian cat. At 2 years it will be full grown. Huge cat, its a meat eater and supposed to be on a leash if outdoors. This cat is about 3 months old and can jump over the couch. The other day we caught it on the counter so we brushed him off, so he jumped to the ground, about 6 feet from the counter, it is amazing. The guy he bought it from says its momma will jump up and land on the top of an opened door.

Savannah cats are pretty awesome. They're just so expensive.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Interesting. If I ever see it again I might have to see if it is tame. (very carefully, I may be crazy but I ain't stupid) It sure did not seem to be afraid of me.

shoot it and post pics. If its a hybrid, we dont need them in the wild, so its an intrusive species. It kills songbirds anyway.

Or if you want to keep it as a pet, trap it, then post pics.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Savannah cats are pretty awesome.

a few years ago a buddy of mine got one, named it Harley because it sounded like a motorcycle when it purred. He had it for 3 years before it died of cancer. At it's biggest, it weighed about 50lbs and had to be fed raw meat. I'm not a cat person, but he was pretty cool.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HMMM Ive been watchin American Hoggers....seems like ya just run it down , grab it by the back legs, and .....Kat tie it.
Doesnt seem that hard.........OH....... could you put one of those video cams on your Helmet.....I think your gonna need it, The Helmet!

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Savannah cats are pretty awesome. They're just so expensive.

Yeah, he got lucky. A lady who owned a cattery here in the city was put in longterm care and her kids wanted none of the business. So they sold everything cheap. I think he paid like $200 for the cat. If he wanted the papers with it, it would be $500 but he isnt planning on breeding the cat. But yeah this generation would cost about $2000 with papers, then you always have to feed him real meat, they are not cheap that's for sure.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you PLEASE have someone record this when you decide to..
i1235.photobucket.com_albums_ff422_Lurkerinthewoods_icon_lol_1.gif

If I do, I will start out by tossing it some food from the safety of my truck and see how it reacts. If that does not freak it out, I would get out and let it come to me. No way am I going to run up and try to grab it. I have dealt with wild animals before and made friends with a few.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Must have been an ocelot. In all seriousness, many years ago someone ran over a very large cat near my parents house. It had spots on its underbelly and had a long tail. It weighed about 25 lbs. And it wasn't big as in a big fat house cat. It was tall and long, basically like a bobcat. We were convinced it was a cross between a bobcat and a house cat. I don't know if it happens naturally or if breeders do it intentionally or if it can even produce live offspring at all.

That's what I was thinking. If it was, Rick, DO NOT mess with it. Those fellas are like badgers ... they will T.E.A.R. U UP!! (Please don't ask me how I know this ... LOL)

Latest posts

Top Bottom