What to feed an AK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no disrespect intended Dangdar but American AKs tend to be of poorer quality than foreign. Much of the time with a foreign made AK it was created as a military weapon...with mil spec parts...that were designed to perform under war conditions. American AKs just arent made with the "a soldier will die if this gun malfunctions" type of mind set, and overall quality suffers because of that. And like all century rifles, quality is hit and miss. Check for canted sights, fit & finish, dust cover gap, etc… before purchasing.
Everyone needs at least one AK

Dangdar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
no disrespect intended Dangdar but American AKs tend to be of poorer quality than foreign. Much of the time with a foreign made AK it was created as a military weapon...with mil spec parts...that were designed to perform under war conditions. American AKs just arent made with the "a soldier will die if this gun malfunctions" type of mind set, and overall quality suffers because of that. And like all century rifles, quality is hit and miss. Check for canted sights, fit & finish, dust cover gap, etc… before purchasing.
Everyone needs at least one AK

None taken. I have one russian Saiga and a Century, and for the money I would take the Century all day long just my 2 cnts.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
None taken. I have one russian Saiga and a Century, and for the money I would take the Century all day long just my 2 cnts.
I actually had a c39 and it was very nice. The fit and finish was excellent and it had straight sites. I am toying with the idea of getting a wasr 10. I can get it for under $600. Plus for how cheap the ammo is it's hard to not get it. I love ar's but they are expensive. And the ammo is too high for me. Plus if the crap ever hits the fan the ak is the better weapon for that in my opinion.

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you had a choice which would you choose to shoot? Brown, Silver, Golden Bear? WPA? Red Army? TulAmmo? Golden Tiger? etc... I would like to buy bulk but wanted to see the preferred choice of fellow shooters before I pull the trigger. Thanks.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you had a choice which would you choose to shoot? Brown, Silver, Golden Bear? WPA? Red Army? TulAmmo? Golden Tiger? etc... I would like to buy bulk but wanted to see the preferred choice of fellow shooters before I pull the trigger. Thanks.

ive shot brown bear, wolf military classic and poly, tul, yugo m67, norinco, and golden tiger...and honestly havnt seen a difference between them. It seems golden tiger has a greater following on other gun forums because of fewer FTE FTF issues vs the others, not true in my experience but thats the word on the street. Also wolf is polymer coated while most other steel cased rounds are lacquer coated. This is a non issue with AKs as they will devour the lacquer coated stuff just as well as the poly. I believe ARs prefer the poly coated round though.

in a nut shell...whatever is cheapest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom