What will Americans really do when faced with disarmament?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think speeches like that turn the average person off. Talk about where you believe the country is headed and what we can do to try to stop it. But I'd keep the fluoride and poisoned food out of the conversations when you are tormenting the neocons.

Just my opinion

SMS directly asked me fair questions. I genuinely don't know what I would do when facing disarmament. My personal response would depend if I was with friends standing with me, or standing completely alone.

SMS then asked the completely fair question, "What is flybeech doing to stop the globalists? Inquiring minds want to know.....answer some of your own loaded questions." and I felt I could answer freely. I answered with my own personal feelings as honestly and directly as I could with specifics that I believe are relevant to the question. I understand that the free expression of my personal beliefs can turn people off, but for me to water it down, dilutes the urgency I believe we are facing. For most of my adult life, I was a full-on neocon but became a strict Constitutionalist, stuck in a Republican's body. I'm well aware of the issues that divide the factions of the GOP. Our differences are largely centered on undeclared wars, Federal control of individual behavior, the creation of money, the proper size and scope of the Federal government and globalism. Generally, I think neocons and Constitutionalists have much in common, but our differences can be polarizing. The mere mention of certain things sadly does ruffle feathers of both sides. On Second Amendment issues, I truly believe that most Republicans, whether they be neocon, Constitutionalist or Libertarian, are fully united.

I like the company of shooters and the folks here, even when things get a bit emotional. I understand that I am only a guest on the OKS forum and that OKS is private property, rightly moderated as the owner sees fit. If I need to avoid mentioning fluoride, GMO's to stay in bounds, I will.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good, honest answers.

I guess my bigger point is still hanging out there....lots of folks talk about fighting globalists and the 'man' but in reality don't do much about it. I wonder when some of them are gonna put their money, and lifestyle/life, where their mouth is.

Supporting Ron Paul isn't going to get it done....he's just another ineffectual politician in a sea of politicians.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SMS directly asked me fair questions. I genuinely don't know what I would do when facing disarmament. My personal response would depend if I was with friends standing with me, or standing completely alone.

SMS then asked the completely fair question, "What is flybeech doing to stop the globalists? Inquiring minds want to know.....answer some of your own loaded questions." and I felt I could answer freely. I answered with my own personal feelings as honestly and directly as I could with specifics that I believe are relevant to the question. I understand that the free expression of my personal beliefs can turn people off, but for me to water it down, dilutes the urgency I believe we are facing. For most of my adult life, I was a full-on neocon but became a strict Constitutionalist, stuck in a Republican's body. I'm well aware of the issues that divide the factions of the GOP. Our differences are largely centered on undeclared wars, Federal control of individual behavior, the creation of money, the proper size and scope of the Federal government and globalism. Generally, I think neocons and Constitutionalists have much in common, but our differences can be polarizing. The mere mention of certain things sadly does ruffle feathers of both sides. On Second Amendment issues, I truly believe that most Republicans, whether they be neocon, Constitutionalist or Libertarian, are fully united.

I like the company of shooters and the folks here, even when things get a bit emotional. I understand that I am only a guest on the OKS forum and that OKS is private property, rightly moderated as the owner sees fit. If I need to avoid mentioning fluoride, GMO's to stay in bounds, I will.

I said talk that turns the average person off - not that it wasn't okay here on OSA. We're used to crazy talk here :)

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ooooooooh, sarcastic statements don't change the truth.
Sorry, Mr. Books Sir, for the sarcasm, but your eariler post was full of it. Furthermore a look at other countrys, including, england. canada,and australia, would tend to suggest that you are wrong. AND, it is imposible to state with absolute certainty, thar any event, no matter how improbable, won't occur.

racing1g

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to know what will happen just look at Australia and Great Britain. All the machismo and posturing in the world doesn't hide the facts, we are comfortable in our lifestyles and most of us won't rock our own boats. 90% of us will rollover, 9% will hide their guns, and 1% will make a stand if any is made. I know it's a sour truth but that's the gist of it. :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to know what will happen just look at Australia and Great Britain. All the machismo and posturing in the world doesn't hide the facts, we are comfortable in our lifestyles and most of us won't rock our own boats. 90% of us will rollover, 9% will hide their guns, and 1% will make a stand if any is made. I know it's a sour truth but that's the gist of it. :(

I think you're off on that 9%. Otherwise, spot on.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If your prediction is true then the police, NG and US Army are in serious trouble if the giverment ever tries to disarm the gun owning public.

There are credible estimates that there are 80,000,000 (that's 80 million) homes in the US with firearms. If just 1% as you predict make a stand and resist there's 800,000 men and women out there in the neighborhoods we live in that the cops and NG will have to forcibly take guns from. Even if the percentage of those that choose to resist is only 1 tenth of 1 percent that's still 80,000 that would have to be dealt with. That's a whole lot of resistance. There aren't enough cops in the US to handle that.

It wouldn't take very many of those 800,000 freedom fighters - or terrorists if you prefer - dying for what they believe in for a sizable portion of the other 80 million to take notice.

When Americans, be they hardcore gun owners or not, start seeing the NG and/or the US Army going door to door in the streets where peoples home's are, when they see helicopter gunships flying over the neighborhoods they live in, then the proverbial sleeping giant will awaken.

I wouldn't want to be a cop or a soldier on that day. It won't be pretty.

Then again...

Maybe Americans are all a bunch of lay down and take it wussies.

racing1g

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your prediction is true then the police, NG and US Army are in serious trouble if the giverment ever tris to disarm the gun owning public.

There are credible estimates that there are 80,000,000 (that's 80 million) homes in the US with firearms. If just 1% as you predict make a stand and resist there's 800,000 men and women out there in the neighborhoods we live in that the cops and NG will have to forcibly take guns from. Even if the percentage of those that choose to resist is only 1 tenth of 1 percent that's still 80,000 that would have to be dealt with. That's a whole lot of resistance. There aren't enough cops in the US to handle that.

It wouldn't take very many of those 800,000 freedom fighters - or terrorists if you prefer - dying for what they believe in for a sizable portion of the other 80 million to take notice.

When Americans, be they hardcore gun owners or not, start seeing the NG and/or the US Army going door to door in the streets where peoples home's are, when they see helicopter gunships flying over the neighborhoods they live in, then the so called sleeping giant will awaken.

I wouldn't want to be a cop or a soldier on that day. It won't be pretty.

I kind of agree but am still skeptical on the matter. I would hope more than 9% would make an effort to hide at least some of their guns, but I also believe that it would be a lot less. 800,000 is a fairly large number but once we get down to the nitty gritty of it and start tearing down that number for people who don't use their firearms much, elderly, medical conditions, fearing for their families lives, and death in general. That number of 800,000 (which is an extremely wishful number) begins to dwindle rapidly. Keep in mind that we as a people aren't exactly war hardened revolutionist, many would be paralyzed by complete and utter fear of the consequences. I do believe their will also never be a door to door roundup of firearms. If anything were to happen, it will go down exactly as it did in Australia. I know these aren't exactly popular ideals on the subject but I do believe that is how it will happen. Keep in mind all the raids the government has performed and cut down people with damn near zero public outcry on t the matter. Make no bones about it the ones that keep their guns and fight for them will be instantly deemed radicals and terrorist and will be hunted and imprisoned accordingly by the government.

Latest posts

Top Bottom