What's an old, much modified Mossberg 500 worth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi folks...I haven't been here for a while but glad to see my acct still works.

I have a question about the value of my old Mossberg. It's complicated because we bought it used and some previous owner had it shortened and rebeaded but left it with no choke. About 10 years ago, I had the original walnut stock shortened to youth length and a soft pad installed. It's easy to carry and the action is great but it probably looks like a movie prop.

Bought it at Southwest Shooters about 15 years ago and it's been a good house gun for a "gurl". But I have no use for it so thought I'd sell it. Any guess as to it's value would be appreciated.

Thanks...Maggie

PS looking for the value of a Glock 19 in the handgun section. Any help appreciated.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know what impact the modifications have on value. I picked up a nice used 500 at a pawn shop about 6 months ago for $150, if that helps give a baseline.

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks everybody. I feel silly for neglecting to mention that it's a 20ga. But you pretty much confirmed what I was thinking as to it's value. And thankyou for your interest but I live in AZ now and I think I can sell it here FTF. I really appreciate your input. Maggie

Latest posts

Top Bottom