What's short n' black and...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLCNA6S9uCo

Range report time. Went to Happy Hollow to shoot the AUG and to quote Borat it's "very nice". Very smooth and recoil is almost non-exsistant as you can see by the vidja of my 7yr old shooting it. The AUG is very accurate for me and could be more so in better hands, I am a horrible rifle shot, the last part of the video was at 50yds shooting offhand while trying to sight in an EoTech XPS. My son claims the the one touching the X is his shot, could be actually.

Khest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you like EOTECH on there? I decided against it due to the knuckles dragging. I have a Leupold 1.4-5x20mm AR on her.

Khest

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I learned real fast that I couldn't mount it as forward as I wanted, But my knuckles will heal, I moved it back to where it will clear the cocking handle and it works well. I'm very impressed with the AUG still, everyone that shoots it really like it, especially women since it kicks as much as a .22

Khest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love mine, cant wait to be a better shot and then take it to a long range to shoot.

I really want to get some 42 round mags to try, so far I just pick up the 30s when I find them. How do you find the new black magazines? I had them several times not feed from top to the mag after a mag change. After that they run fine.

Khest

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love mine, cant wait to be a better shot and then take it to a long range to shoot.

I really want to get some 42 round mags to try, so far I just pick up the 30s when I find them. How do you find the new black magazines? I had them several times not feed from top to the mag after a mag change. After that they run fine.

Khest

I use the amber MSAR mags more, they lock up better to me than the Steyr mags. I do have issues with FTF due to me not seating the mags all the way, it's certainly not as easy as an AR, but I also need practice and one FTF that I can't explain, it did not load the last round from a mag. The AUG is a dang fine rifle, but it's not one for Practical rifle matches, too hard to do a mag change, the charging handle is angled too much that rake your knuckles across the rails or optic mount, and you absolutley positively cannot shoot left shoulder/handed (I have the busted lip to prove it). But it's really fast to engage targets, it's accurate, and recoils is minimal, almost nil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom