What's the deal with egg prices ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By no means brother you always get a thumbs up. Last year I planted some Rox orange sorghum, for syrup and grain heads, drought saw that was a failure.
Prices keep rising we may have to get a different game plan. 👍
just find the basics of their nutritional needs and lay them out. the chickens will balance their nutritional needs themselves. funny how livestock can do that if they have the choices in front of them. chicken labor

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck I'm selling eggs to cheap at these quoted prices. Don't intend to make money but just break even on my cost so I have fresh eggs and know where my chicken comes from.
Local craigslist ads show some asking $4-5/dz. I found some close by for $3/dz but he's sold out a week ahead so can't get more until next week but he's holding 4 dz for me.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got no love for bacon?
4778F96F-16D9-45A6-9448-A1900B157810.jpeg

Valhallajack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had been getting my eggs at natural grocers for 1.99/doz the entire past year, but the past two times ive gone they have been completely out. I asked the cashier, she said she had heard that it had something to do with losing/swapping out too much laying stock, which is causing huge shortages. I've read in several places that bird flu is causing the death of millions of chickens, not because they all get it, but because if one or two get it, the entire farm gets culled. I really want to get some chickens, but we have a small yard, and two chicken killer dogs.
The price went up to $2.99 also

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It wont be long at the current rate that an egg will cost a dollar. Someone needs to start a rumor that there is an abundance of chickens particularly hens and hence, a plethora of eggs hitting the market-and see what happens.

birdhunter1980

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Local 15% layer pellets. Name brand like purina or nutrena cost more yet.
Currently tsc is seeing a bad rap on their layer pellets on a couple yt videos.
You might check Stillwater Milling if you're close, In Claremore 15% layer pellets are $15 for a 50# bag. That was last week though, probably higher now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom