What's the going rate for yearly hunting lease?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coorslightcowboy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't really know what section to put this in........

I have acquired 400 acres from my parents estate down by the lake eufaula area. I'm not that big of a hunter myself, so i thought about leasing this property out for hunting this year. Does anyone know what the "going rate" is The 400 acres are divided into 3 properties that are all connected. It is about 1/3 wooded and backs up to a large mountain. Has 4 good bass/crappie ponds. My cousin has hunted this for several years, and has taken several trophy deer. I see lots of turkey, squirrel, ducks, quail.

Just wondering. I don't want to get screwed and under price it...but dont want to request some crazy high amount and get no interest.

Anyone have any idea??? Is there a general price per acre??

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me know what you decide upon. I'm looking for a place to possibly lease. Is it enclosed? Could a person plant food plots on it and not be disturbed by cattle?

Don't know if I can afford it, but Seriously,.. please let me know how much you decide, I might be interested.

coorslightcowboy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 25 cows on it now, and usually run about 30-35 on it. I have no problem letting someone plant plots or whatever, prob throw up a hotwire or 2 wire fence around the plot/feeder.

Place is completely fenced off with solid gates.

Let me know what you decide upon. I'm looking for a place to possibly lease. Is it enclosed? Could a person plant food plots on it and not be disturbed by cattle?

Don't know if I can afford it, but Seriously,.. please let me know how much you decide, I might be interested.

45mutt

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've seen land around me in southern Logan County go for $2 to $10 an acre, all depending on the lease size, location, and hunting traffic allowed.
If you have more land, lower price per acre. More hunters, the higher the price per acre.
But it's all relative to what you can charge and what someone will pay.
Be sure and have them sign a liability release if and when you lease the property.

Rusty Shackleford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your cousin is a decent fella what about talking to him about it first? Would be a win/win for both of you as he gets to keep his hunting spot and you get to keep someone in there that you know.

coorslightcowboy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your cousin is a decent fella what about talking to him about it first? Would be a win/win for both of you as he gets to keep his hunting spot and you get to keep someone in there that you know.

I'm all about helping family first....but we use to let him hunt for FREE..all we asked in return was twice a year he had to walk/ride out all fences on that property and just tell us if i tree was down on it....or a he found a place a cow could get out. Then my dad would go fix it if he found a spot. He wouldnt even do that. I thought that was a simple enough request since he got a 400 acre lease for FREE.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm all about helping family first....but we use to let him hunt for FREE..all we asked in return was twice a year he had to walk/ride out all fences on that property and just tell us if i tree was down on it....or a he found a place a cow could get out. Then my dad would go fix it if he found a spot. He wouldnt even do that. I thought that was a simple enough request since he got a 400 acre lease for FREE.

I would do that for you and even fix the fences. :thumbup3:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I would check the fences, mend the fences, cut you a cord of firewood a year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom