Found a stand and feeder, now what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a new lease this year and after setting up my second stand near the back of the property I found another stand and feeder laying down. Prob 50 yards from mine. There are no fences to the east of me and this is near the NE corner of the property. The previous land owner passed away and I am leasing it now from his daughter who is the new owner. I suspect it is the neighbor to the east who lives on 20 acres, but only guessing based on stand and his house location.

I’m tempted to be nice and leave a note asking to “please take your stuff next time, this land is leased etc”.

I don’t think I want to take it down and keep it.

Unsure if this land has ever been leased before.

What would y’all do?
First get property line measurements established. then post it. no trespassing,hunting etc. then you have a leg to stand on.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Feeder appears to be left from last year and maybe blown over by the wind. Stand seems relatively new too. I hate that there isn’t a fence on the east boundary, only thing I have is the HuntStand app that shows the stand is about 130 yards onto our lease.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Feeder appears to be left from last year and maybe blown over by the wind. Stand seems relatively new too. I hate that there isn’t a fence on the east boundary, only thing I have is the HuntStand app that shows the stand is about 130 yards onto our lease.
set it at the property line and put up some signs

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Landowner is older, and hasn’t been out there in years she told me. It’s a pretty wooded piece of property with a rough road once u get onto the property.

Then you need to discuss it with her and ask her how she would like you to deal with the issue.

You need to remember, you're leasing it, you don't own it, and I'm not saying that to be a jerk, but it is what it is. You want to be the ultimate decision maker, buy the place.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best way to lose a lease is to get a landowner involved in drama of any kind. Choose wisely.

Been there, done that. I had a deer, turkey, quail lease out in Western OK at one time that bordered Black Kettle. I never hunted it for deer or turkey, but I paid my 1/2 just for the quail, cause it was covered with birds. I had it for several years, and everything was really good, until me and my partner took off during the week and encountered other bird hunters. Actually we walked over a small rise and saw their dogs on point and watched them shoot into the covey we were headed for.

Seems the land owner had been leasing weekday hunts to a local guide the whole time we had the lease. Those were a couple of very interesting conversations.

Valhallajack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been there, done that. I had a deer, turkey, quail lease out in Western OK at one time that bordered Black Kettle. I never hunted it for deer or turkey, but I paid my 1/2 just for the quail, cause it was covered with birds. I had it for several years, and everything was really good, until me and my partner took off during the week and encountered other bird hunters. Actually we walked over a small rise and saw their dogs on point and watched them shoot into the covey we were headed for.

Seems the land owner had been leasing weekday hunts to a local guide the whole time we had the lease. Those were a couple of very interesting conversations.
I had a deer lease that had pigs on it. There were other family members sneaking around they claimed hunting pigs. It was a good deer lease but not that good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom