What's wrong with EOTech?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Aimpont is not plagued with horrendous battery life..

Aimpoint has never filed an injunction, keeping needed items out of soldier, Marine, and Sailor hands. L3 (EoTech) has....

These two are the biggest beefs, I have with EOTech. I've seen some busted up pretty good. Then again I will admit that I am an ACOG snob, you could call me. I've seen ACOGs withstand IED, and mortar blasts and retain zeros. Granted in one case the tritrium leaked out of one.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and have put close to 400 rounds through it

shot thousands of rounds on pellet guns with a Bushnell's version of Eotech. not a problem one.. zero failure

I fail to see how using one for under 400 rounds and one on a pellet gun would put people at ease about buying one and possibly using it in a defensive role.

Liliysdad pretty much covered everything else.

As for the rain issue I have been told by several officers/operators I know that it has happened to them. One told me of a time he climbed up on a roof on a SWAT call out and once they got in position couldn't see his reticle because of the rain and fog issue.

I get asked a lot about the failure rate also by customers when I tell them the Eo's have a much higher one. I don't have actual numbers and not sure if you could even track accurately how many go down so what I do is rely on the professional trainers like Pat Rogers and Magpul Dynamics. All you have to do is ask them and they will tell you how many Eo's die in their classes every single week.

I actually like "looking" through an Eo better for some reason but the higher documented failure rate, stupid battery life and awful reticle make me choose Aimpoint. If I was forced to use an Eo I would get the single dot version.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Josh i understand your point on 400 rd's not being sufficient and i agree. but like i said so far no issues but if something comes up i wont hesitate to post my experiences. either way a ? on the aimpoints. i know they have flip covers but wont rain and fog do the same to them like the eo's? or are the lenses recessed more to avoid this.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Bushnell Holosight, which is made by EoTech....it died...I sent it back. Since it was out of warranty, it was going to cost $200 to fix. I told them to f' off. I bought an ACOG, and never looked back....great sight, zero problems!

Latest posts

Top Bottom