Where can I find 410 ammo???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Star Firearms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_7833.jpeg

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last .410 I purchased (a few months ago) was online from midway USA. Got some #6 shot 3” shells. Fair price and fast shipping. Anything I ever saw in stock locally was always something like #9 2 1/2” shells that ain’t good for much in the way of hunting or varmint medicine.

I’ve since also assembled a primitive.410 reloading set up. A couple pipe nipples from the hardware store, a mech600jr resize ring, some 3/8” dowel, etc… total cost somewhere around $25. I don’t normally crimp them I just use an overshot card glued in place. I’ve had good results using 777 muzzle loader powder and cheap import primers, claybuster wads. I load a 4 pellet 00 buck load that’s pretty spicy!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why is it such a crappy load. Why not 6 shot instead of rat shot #9.

Well, if that's all there is then you either buy it or go without. It's still fun for just plinking and it's reasonably priced in this market. I'll have fun with it.

And the 9 shot in my post was actually a typo. They have 8 shot as well...though I doubt there's much practical difference between the two.

And there's plenty of .410 hunting stuff available out there if you want to pay $4 or $5 per round. I don't.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It does seem hard to come by. I got 4 boxes of Federal 3" #6 for my son from Targetsportsusa.com around Christmas time, he ended up ordering a case of it from them. I just looked, it's all gone now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom