Where can I get good fried chicken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I heard Lumber Shack has a noon buffet. I've planned on going there a couple of times but I haven't made it so far.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like it. Cash only but they do have an ATM at the front door. Be prepared for a long wait to get a table and longer wait to get your chicken.
It all depends on timing. We’ve been there several times, with varying numbers of friends, and only once did we have a “long” wait. A couple of times we were seated as soon as we came in the door. But, I have heard of folks having a pretty long wait.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never found the fascination with Eischens, it's always greasy and bland. I guess, if your drinking heavily, it's probably the best damned chicken around. I was told that it used to be better before "the fire". Anyways, there's a new place in Edmond that the Fat Guy Club on fb talked about. It's called Birdie's Fried Chicken. Birdie's Fried Chicken I've never been but was told the Mac n Cheese is killer!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in high school there used to be a black family that had a house way out west of Hennessey. I only ate there once because it was so inconvenient to get to. It was great BBQ and fried chicken and only the locals knew about it.

Nowadays, my wife makes the best fried chicken so I don't waste my time at Eischens anymore. The last three times I went was to meet with friends and not to go to eat chicken specifically. As has been mentioned before, I hope you like to wait to get seated and to wait a long time for your food. I mean hours.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
1694369182574.png

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Birdie’s was a once and done for this guy.

I’d heard great things about their fried chicken and took a chance, owner was very nice but the chicken had way too much gochujang on it and I’m a big fan of Korean food.

I’m sure we will give them another chance one day but it’s going to be a while.

Latest posts

Top Bottom