Where can I get good fried chicken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chicken Annie’s in Pittsburg Kansas. They make their own German potato salad, German cold slaw, and the best thin cut onion ring haystacks you will find. Been there for ever also. South end of town coming in from Oklahoma. Wife and I treat ourselves about 4 times a yr 1.5 hrs from Oologah.
Go once and you’ll go back guaranteed 😉🙌🙌🙌

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yelp has spoken.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/th...n-restaurant-in-california-according-to-yelp/

Don’t think I’ve ever been there.
IMG_6929.jpeg

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eischen's is good- back in the old days it was just a little bar- said to be the oldest in Oklahoma- brothers took over from dad in the 60's and since they also owned the local grocery store next door- they came up with the idea of adding fried chicken where they had room to cook it. That mushroomed into a destination place even though it was really just a hole in the wall. They had a fire and it messed everything up pretty good. They decided to close the grocery and just make it a big bar/restaurant with fried chicken and okra as the star served with white bread- pickles- onions. Cold beer and all is good. Word got around and now there are prime times when the line is a half block long to get in.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nashbird is a chain but not bad. Eishen's is overrated IMO but I may be in the minority given how busy they always are.

Haven't tried bone-in fried chicken lately but Lokal has some pretty good fried chicken tenders and onion rings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom