Where to get 7.62x39 ammo locally thats not overpriced winchester garbage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
been looking for awhile, cant find anything for cheap anymore. used to was like 5-7$ for 20 rounds, then it was like 11-12$ for 20 rounds. now seems like all i can find is winchester white box brass cased and im not paying extra for crappy winchester ammo. personally have had bad experiences with them and qc issues in the past..... where , and have you guys found any local stores selling 7.62x39 lately?

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cj's is still in business? first and last time i went there it seemed more of a hangout than a gun shop. tried to purchase a saiga rifle they had there for 3-400$ if memory serves me right and the owner was just talking and talking to some guy for at least 15 minutes ignoring me having a discussion about cars or something. dont think he was a customer but rather some friend of his. so i walked out and haven't been back. went up the road to what used to be henrys and ended up getting a saiga shotgun i wanted for a bit cheaper or roughly the same price. pretty much the only gun store ive ever felt that way about so much that and i dont really care to go back. that and i noticed alot of stuff there was incorrectly labeled and priced way up even then. shoot this was 8-10 years ago. i just dont care to go back to a place like that personally. i think this was before henrys was even way down 66th, they used to be in yukon right there on mainstreet so it could have been way before then.

Last edited:

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
been looking for awhile, cant find anything for cheap anymore. used to was like 5-7$ for 20 rounds, then it was like 11-12$ for 20 rounds. now seems like all i can find is winchester white box brass cased and im not paying extra for crappy winchester ammo. personally have had bad experiences with them and qc issues in the past..... where , and have you guys found any local stores selling 7.62x39 lately?

Based in Stillwater and free shipping if you buy enough.

https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammo-sale/762x39-ammo

crispy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s definitely not as plentiful as it used to be. I see bulk steel up for sale every once in a while in the Facebook groups. Sometimes on armslist.

GHArms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Until the sanctions on Russia for poisoning an agent and in response to amassing troops in the Ukraine border are lifted, the Biden administration placed a ban on the import of Russian munitions. That’s why you’ve seen much more of the expensive brass rounds being manufactured. FYI, official sanctions were levied in September, 2023.

Latest posts

Top Bottom