Where's all the bucks....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think all the does on my hunting ground are celibate...!

Where are all the bucks,..anybody else seeing any? Seen quite a few does, but no bucks in tow.

I have trail cam photos of at least 12 different bucks that visited last year and know of only a few that got whacked. Where'd they go...? Are they just not moving around much yet because of the abundance of food..?

I'm in Lincoln county, what's everyone else in central OK seeing..?

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They must all be on my lease down by Davis. We have photos of 14 really nice ones over the last month. We have made it a pretty friendly place with feeders, etc., and there's zero traffic except for wandering poachers who have to go on foot.

Deer do move around, and some years we have been pretty thin on bucks. Last year was better, and this year is far better. Yours may be more nocturnal, or do you still have cameras up to catch them at night?

Hope they return for you. CB

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't seem many bucks myself except for some small ones cruising.
Just today, I'm starting to see signs of the bucks looking at the does. Its early, but looking out my back window this evening, a nice 10 point was walking with a doe and her fawn. The doe jumped the fence and the buck turned and walked away......its early but coming on:D

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't worry, you have does and where there are does...there will be bucks!

I think the same, which is why I have a hard time buying into the 1:1 buck to doe thing. Even if I do manage to do that on the 3000 acres I hunt, why wouldn't the bucks just move a couple miles over to a more "target rich" environment? I would.

Latest posts

Top Bottom