Who here owns an "AR" type gun from Diamondback Firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a DB-15 once, before the boating accident.
I thought it was a solid enough a rifle. Fairly accurate & consistent right out of the box.

Thank you, sir, a sensible answer. I have been thinking it over since the OP. If you want your prepper weapon to also be your deer rifle, buy a DB10 in .308. A gas-operated semi-auto rifle in .308, like the AR-10/DB10, should be gentler to your firing shoulder than a .308 bolt gun. If you want your prepper weapon to also be your rat gun, buy a DB15 in 5.56 NATO. .308 will kill gophers, vaporize them, but it's not very cheap on ammo to do so. Deer are prestigious game and I don't mind spending up to $2 a pop for killing a nice doe. Gophers, chucks, prairie dogs, rats and ground squirrels are little varmints often shot in high volumes. You can get cheap surplus 5.56 for that. Many folks like to plink cans and bottles and stuff with an AR too so hip-hip-hooray for cheap 5.56!! :clap3:

Last edited:

James Abram

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anybody here own an AR-15/AR-10 in any brand? Does anybody also use that gun to hunt or kill pests?

Well, I own 12 of them. I don’t own a Diamondback now, but I have owned one in the past. AR’s are my favorite guns to shoot, nothing like torching off a scary black assault rifle! I have Colt’s, JP’s, Seekins’, Black Rain, and Black Fire Forge I’ve shot almost every brand of AR at some point.

The DB rifles are an entry level gun comparable to a S&W, a little above a PSA. If you plan on using it hard, or expecting extreme accuracy, you might be disappointed.

If you are going to invest in only one AR I would invest in something that will be a better value (probably not as cheap as the DB). Right now I’m in love with the Black Fire Forge rifles, they are as nice a gun as I’ve shot for their price.
IMG_1524.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I own 12 of them. I don’t own a Diamondback now, but I have owned one in the past. AR’s are my favorite guns to shoot, nothing like torching off a scary black assault rifle! I have Colt’s, JP’s, Seekins’, Black Rain, and Black Fire Forge I’ve shot almost every brand of AR at some point.

The DB rifles are an entry level gun comparable to a S&W, a little above a PSA. If you plan on using it hard, or expecting extreme accuracy, you might be disappointed.

If you are going to invest in only one AR I would invest in something that will be a better value (probably not as cheap as the DB). Right now I’m in love with the Black Fire Forge rifles, they are as nice a gun as I’ve shot for their price. View attachment 211165

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is something I'd never expect from any AR platform. I don't like new Colt products because Colt is now a crappy company that's about to tank for good and a good pre-ban Colt AR-15 can run the price of a good used car these days. I'd expect minute-of-gopher, if not minute-of-dime, though, from a DB at a football field's length. No, I don't plan on using any gun I own hard. The M16's I were issued in the army were all Colt except for one Harrington & Richardson. The mil-spec issue Colts did have the AR-15 trademark stamped by the pony. They had M16A1 or A2 stamped in another part too. For all the DB's lower prices, they do look nicely finished in the pictures, even better than a lot of pre-ban Colts did. They have all that name-brand furniture like Mag-Pul too and aircraft-grade aluminum.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This Diamondback is a fairly new player in the market. I do think the name "Diamondback" sounds cool and the guns do look nicely finished in the pictures. Sometime soon I will have to drive over to Murf's Guns in nearby Duncan to give these a peek. The DB site lists Murf's as a dealer.

Side Note: Diamondback Firearms, based in Cocoa, FL has T-shirts for sale with the "Gunshine State" slogan on it. The gun maker seems to be proud of that slogan. The term seems like it might be a media weapon to be used by the anti-gun camp.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/flori...-carry-permits

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Diamondback is or at least was in the recent past a subsidiary of Taurus. I had a few (4 total at different times) of their DB9FS when I could pick them up for 200$. 2 of them were ok, the other 2 would not hit the barn side of a broad. That's been 6-7 years back, so maybe their QC has gotten better. But for the money your better going with Palmetto State Armory with their life time warranty (imho).
Actually, according to this 2013 blog post from The Truth About Guns, the Taurus purchase of Diamondback didn't go through.

$ure$h0t

This entire site is snowflakes
Reaction score
I have a
Db15 and it's been incredible.. Not quite on per with my colt sporter lightweight pre ban.. But it's damn nice. I don't competition shoot or hunt with it, it works fine for what I need

When I mean business..my AR10, 308 cmmg resolute will come out to play 😉

Attachments

• 20211107_042701.jpg
    20211107_042701.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Top Bottom