Who here owns an "AR" type gun from Diamondback Firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just discovered them yesterday and the guns in their pictures look like they are quality made and nicely-finished while not being too expensive. They have a DB-15 and a DB-10 line with a truckload of various models. Some are supposed to even have MOA accuracy which is not common in a tactical out-of-the-box AR. If your AR sports MOA out of the box, it could also be your varmint/rat/gopher gun. The DB-10 line of calibers includes 6.5 Creedmoor which means that such AR might even go deer hunting.

There is a .308 offering too. Does an AR-10/DB-10 in .308 make a good home defense weapon as well as a deer rifle? If the accuracy is within MOA scoped, might it even be a good casual gopher gun as well? .308 ammunition might be pricey overkill for chucks and rats, though. There have been rifles chambered in .308 offered as varmint rifles.

The DB-15 comes in 5.56 NATO or .300 Blackout. 5.56 is out for deer but .300 Blackout might work for venison. I don't know how accurate it is though. One has to consider the cost, accuracy, effectiveness and availability of various loads and calibers.

Last edited:

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Diamondback is or at least was in the recent past a subsidiary of Taurus. I had a few (4 total at different times) of their DB9FS when I could pick them up for 200$. 2 of them were ok, the other 2 would not hit the barn side of a broad. That's been 6-7 years back, so maybe their QC has gotten better. But for the money your better going with Palmetto State Armory with their life time warranty (imho).

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Diamondback is or at least was in the recent past a subsidiary of Taurus. I had a few (4 total at different times) of their DB9FS when I could pick them up for 200$. 2 of them were ok, the other 2 would not hit the barn side of a broad. That's been 6-7 years back, so maybe their QC has gotten better. But for the money your better going with Palmetto State Armory with their life time warranty (imho).

I'm talking about DB AR rifles, not handguns. DB10 and DB15 AR weapons definitely don't look cheesy. They seem to be getting good reviews by you-toobers. I went to their site and they also have a lifetime warranty. They are out of Florida and American built, Taurus is in Brazil for their handguns. I'm impressed with their fit/finish by looking at the photos and they are not to pricey. There has also been claims of MOA accuracy out of DB AR's too.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AR is short for air rifle, correct?

No, ARMALITE. Goes back to 1950's. The anti-gunners think it stands for ASSAULT RIFLE like idiots too. It could be that many Oklahoma hunters don't think much of the AR-15/AR-10 platforms for shooting deer or gophers. They seem to be hot for wiping out feral hogs and 'yotes. They even might be great for home defense, shooting Russian invaders, riot/looting protection or capping mass shooters in churches. I was in the army for seven years and was issued M16's. I once knew a fellow who owned a genuine 1979-vintage pre-ban Colt AR-15 with smooth triangular hand-guards and I had the privileged to fire her with a 100-round drum at the range back in 1992. I'm so familiar with this platform. I thought it might be fun to own my own "tacticool" rifle for sporting use. I've never owned any AR type weapon of my own in all my 57 years. It's nice to have a prepper rifle to fight in case SHTF. I would probably be best served getting one to fire 5.56 for prepper protection and decimating rats. 5.56 is so cheap and plenty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom