Who Here Remembers Polio?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That would be the smallpox vaccination. They don't give it any more because it has been wiped out in the general population. Only exists in labs now.

Still required for travel or work in the middle east. Polio is still out there, the vaccine just keeps you from getting it, just like measles, mumps, chikenpox.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i think circumcision is mostly a jewish religious tradition, kinda outdated. I told my girls, when they have kids, if boys, at least think about it. Ultimatly its my kids decision.

I try really hard to look at things objectively. If there was a national or state referendum on circumcision, i would prolly vote against it.

I had a male patient not too long ago sit in my clinic and tell me his doctor just told him he needed to get his penis amputated, due to penile cancer. He was uncircumcised. He and his wife just sat there and cried together. That was way out of my scope of practice, I just sat quietly with them. Most penile cancer/penile amputations are a result of being uncircumcised. My nephew at age 10 had to be circumcised because the skin couldn't be retracted. I'm glad the decision was made for me before I had to have a memory of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom