Who/what are you, politically?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I got to wondering if there was a more "in depth" quiz that could be found. I found one that is a little more in depth. Results were a bit different for me.

Here's the new site:

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

My new results:

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.69

(a little left and a little down)

Old results:

38.9% Right, 30.6% Liberal

How does yours compare to the first one?

Seems to me, I may not be as far right as the first showed, but still to the right, but definitely somewhere on the liberal side.

Ryan78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree with this test at least as much as all the other political "tests" out there. Consider my results: 63.9% Right, 11.1% Liberal. It puts me dead center of a triangle between Reagan, B. Clinton and Milton Friedman. That leads me to believe the scale is more heavily weighted towards economics than social issues.

The reason being, I'm very fiscally conservative and generally dislike government intrusion in the free market. On the other hand, I'm very socially liberal and generally dislike government intrusion in people's individual lives. In other words, let your freak flag fly, so long as you don't use my money to do it!

So how is it I'm 64% right but only 11% liberal? Unless "liberal" is code for "support the expectations of others with my money?" If that's the case, then I understand completely. Sadly, that's usually what passes for liberalism these days. :(

^^This^^

Here are my results... 13.9% Right, 36.1% Liberal

Right-liberalism (Libertarianism): Individuals in this quadrant seek to uphold liberty as the primary political good in all respects. They tend to see themselves as staunch supporters of both personal and economic freedom and are deeply skeptical of collective plans and goals, stressing instead the principle of voluntary association and the individual’s capacity to make his own judgments. They typically see less of a role for the state than individuals in the other three quadrants, believing instead in the spontaneous social order of the market.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I got to wondering if there was a more "in depth" quiz that could be found. I found one that is a little more in depth. Results were a bit different for me.

Here's the new site:

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

My new results:

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.69

(a little left and a little down)

Old results:

38.9% Right, 30.6% Liberal

How does yours compare to the first one?

Seems to me, I may not be as far right as the first showed, but still to the right, but definitely somewhere on the liberal side.

I am curious if this quiz would yield the same trend line, or if it would be drastically different. I'll just start a new thread for this one, if other's want to participate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom