Whoa, anyone else hear about this being signed into effect.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Granted its Fox News but this is going on right now & it a direct violation of our rights. Who was paying attention to this little thing Obama shoved through. Mark my words, there will be even more similar things coming soon.

Also notice, this doesn't protect families of our soldiers from the protests of people like WBC. Only people who wish to disagree with the government. Funny how that works huh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqYUdZfE5Ww

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Granted its Fox News but this is going on right now & it a direct violation of our rights. Who was paying attention to this little thing Obama shoved through. Mark my words, there will be even more similar things coming soon.

Also notice, this doesn't protect families of our soldiers from the protests of people like WBC. Only people who wish to disagree with the government. Funny how that works huh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqYUdZfE5Ww
pretty old but ya I've seen it

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, I noticed it was a while back but I havent heard anyone really talkin about it. You would think this would have been a hotter topic. My bad if everyone already knew about this, was just tryin to give a heads up for those who might not have heard.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, I noticed it was a while back but I havent heard anyone really talkin about it. You would think this would have been a hotter topic. My bad if everyone already knew about this, was just tryin to give a heads up for those who might not have heard.
I think it was discussed here, pretty crazy to have no free speech zones. Little by little taking away. Who's to say we can't protest thats pretty crazy imo. Can't protest can't have our boom sticks.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it was discussed here, pretty crazy to have no free speech zones. Little by little taking away. Who's to say we can't protest thats pretty crazy imo. Can't protest can't have our boom sticks.

Whats even sadder is if I remember correctly they ruled there was nothing they could do about the protesters at soldier funerals except set a minimum distance they had to be away from the actual funeral. Yet they turn around and sign a different protest restriction in favor of the government but not the soldiers being buried. That makes my blood boil but I don't expect any less from this administration. It has to be the most un-American group of politicians ever in Washington.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It didn't just magically appear. It's a bill. Someone (a majority) voted for it before it ever got to Obama's desk. How did the Oklahoma lawmakers in D.C. vote? Just like everything else there's a different standard for the clowns who make up our dysfunctional ass-covering pretend government.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the comments below the video, one person wrote this"

" mmcgurn83 5 hours ago

This law is actually 42 years old. H.R. 347 actually just changes a few words to very little effect. You can view the changes and what they mean on Snopes."

I didn't play the video because of limitations on my internet, so I don't know what bill it was he signed. However, I did find this at Snopes, which does refer to the original bill being passed back in 1971:

Snopes Report on HR 347 and Restrictions on Protesting

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this were real, it would be appealed and the Supreme Court would strike it down in a jiffy. And it would bring VERY bad publicity to the authors of this Bill.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If this were real, it would be appealed and the Supreme Court would strike it down in a jiffy. And it would bring VERY bad publicity to the authors of this Bill.

Uh... Sorry, but it is real and the Supremes wont touch it until standing has been established and a Petition sought. So... With that said, yes this law simply broadens the anti free speech law from back in the 70s. It makes it easier for the powers that be to lock up those they want to stop protesting for long periods of time because it removed the willful language and expanded the inference of space included in the law. Such a crock of junk though. Simply rushed through to ensure a lack of protesters at the G8 summit that was held in the US last March! I fear this is a testing of the eaters though and they will begin to implement more limitations that clearly violate our Constitutional rights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom