Why all the Taurus hate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a TCP, My brothers have the .40 and the 9mm and now the .45's...never had a problem with any of them. I put between 500-600 rounds through a TCP and it worked very well. Sold it on here after I bought a LCR .357...Wanted more power.

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 3 Taurus handguns and I love the all 1. PT 100 2. 357 mag (cannot remember the model) 3. A Rossi 357 4 inch and love it the single action trigger on it is amazing and that gun will flat shoot. I have owned the PT 1911 and shot just as good as both of the Kimbers I owned and the Springfield Loaded I had and not one problem out of the PT1911 with over a 1000+ rounds out of it.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dieseltech09 said:
or in the case of Kimbers what you over pay for. just IMO. YMMV. no need to derail thread

No big deal, every person has their own philosophy about self defense. Our opinions make no difference as long as we the good guys come out on top.

My opinion of a Taurus was based on my experience with the gun I owned. I just won't take a chance on something that failed on the range when I was using it.

My determining factor was that was my carry gun, and if I would have been pulling it in a self defense situation then I would have lost. Needless to say it didn't inspire confidence in that weapon or manufacturer.

Whatever each of our preferences are, the bottom line is, I want all of the good guys to win when their lives are on the line.

Bigjoe.45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree 100% that if it fails on the range, why in the world would you trust your life to it. With that said, I tend to drive my trucks, both Chevy and Ford, to near 200K miles and usually don't have any issues. I think it is because I take care of them like I have OCD! I think firearms can be the same, if you get one and don't take care of it properly it doesn't matter if it is a highpoint or an Ed Brown, it will fail at some point. It is very interesting to see both sides of this issue.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No big deal, every person has their own philosophy about self defense. Our opinions make no difference as long as we the good guys come out on top.

My opinion of a Taurus was based on my experience with the gun I owned. I just won't take a chance on something that failed on the range when I was using it.

My determining factor was that was my carry gun, and if I would have been pulling it in a self defense situation then I would have lost. Needless to say it didn't inspire confidence in that weapon or manufacturer.

Whatever each of our preferences are, the bottom line is, I want all of the good guys to win when their lives are on the line.

I agree with you 100%. I would not carry a Taurus for self defense and would discourage anyone from doing so. I think Kimbers are good pistols and I would have no problem carrying one. I just like to take poke at Kimber owners and try to get them stirred up that is all. lol

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree 100% that if it fails on the range, why in the world would you trust your life to it. With that said, I tend to drive my trucks, both Chevy and Ford, to near 200K miles and usually don't have any issues. I think it is because I take care of them like I have OCD! I think firearms can be the same, if you get one and don't take care of it properly it doesn't matter if it is a highpoint or an Ed Brown, it will fail at some point. It is very interesting to see both sides of this issue.
I think every gun manufacturer has had a gun that has fail on the range. So does that mean all guns are bad. I of course would say no. One thing I have to keep in mind is new or used everything made to be sold whether it be a gun, car,TV or anything mechanical was made or designed by a human. So yes everything will fail. One man had a S&W revolver blow in his had does it make S&W a bad choice ... NO.. Rifles have fallen apart does it mean that is a bad company? No again. So to me this is failed logic. The way I see it if I like it and can afford it then it will be mine. I might ask for some input myself but ultimately the final decision falls upon me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom