Why do so few gentlemen remove their hats indoors anymore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If in possession of a firearm you should keep your hat on. I remove my hat for the anthem, or during a funeral service. I have an UGLY bald head, if I haven't shaved or trimmed my hair my hat stays on, besides during the above mentioned scenario.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hat:
blogs.edweek.org_edweek_eduwonkette_upload_2008_01_naked_hat_tip_to_nclb_hat.jpg

Not a hat:
[Broken External Image]

Take the hat OFF!!!! "Uncovered head" times and places are not about the hat.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Courtesy is pretty much dead. Our MTV Real World, Big Brother, Jerry Springer "you don't know me!" world, nobody seems to have much respect for anyone else.

And yes, the lack of hat racks, sucks!

SoonerShooter08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with the sentiment that there's simply no good place to hang your hat these days. If I go out to eat, I take my hat off when I pray and then I put it back on. I used to always take my hat off when dining during my younger days, but I definitely forgot/left a few hats at restaurants that way since they had to be thrown somewhere on the booth or seat. Regardless, removing your "cover" indoors isn't really that big a deal to me. I'm more apt to notice the many people that I see who don't understand that they should remove their hats during the National Anthem.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well since we are creatures of habit and products of our environment or basically everything we are as a person should be because of our upbringing, then, it's most likely due to some of these people not being taught any different. My Marine father almost never wore a hat unless he was at work or fishing, hunting. One of my grampas was an old cowboy and he always wore hats but took them off upon entering most any room or building. My son has been taught like I was but I still have to ask him constantly to remove his baseball or stocking caps/beenies at grammas house before we sit to the table to eat or if we're at a 'semi' nice restaurant. I'm guilty myself of keeping my hat on indoors most casual places though like fast food restaurants, bars, etc, but not certain nicer restaurants, church, court, etc. At church I will walk by and tip the kids baseball caps off their heads some times- saw tons of kids at Christmas Eve service Monday night with stocking caps on inside the church. At my friends homes I will usually de-hat but not at all of them. My mother and mother-in-laws homes it comes off at the door no matter what but they still have coat/hat racks just inside their doors too. And they wear pajamas to our church but only on Christmas Eve, its a tradition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom