Why is ploygamy illegal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
polygamy violates the 8th amendment to the US constitution.

AMENDMENT VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate the condiment yellow mustard. I cannot emphasize enough how much I truly despise the stuff to the deepest center of my core. If it were up to me, we would launch the crap into the sun and never produce another drop.

, I know///Right?

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is some logic to polygamy, competition. Say wife #1 gets pissed and cuts you off, you have a backup plan and because of this backup plan, wife #1 is less likely to cut you off. At least in theory. I'm sure there is some variances in actual implementation.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is some logic to polygamy, competition. Say wife #1 gets pissed and cuts you off, you have a backup plan and because of this backup plan, wife #1 is less likely to cut you off. At least in theory. I'm sure there is some variances in actual implementation.

I'm thinking if wife #1 hears of this plan, something else may get cut off!

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is America where we pride ourselves on being free regardless of being different. Well, let's be honest, that's not entirely true, however, we are slowly working in that direction. I'm for gay marriage because freedom shouldn't be assigned by whose in power, it's a core principle of why America stands above all others. There are lots of things I don't like but that doesn't mean my opinion trumps my nations ideals. The more my country breaks down individual prejudice and embraces the concept that all men (everyone) are created equal and have equal rights the more I love my country. If I don't agree with someones else's beliefs it's my problem not theirs and i thank my forefathers for having the wisdom to guide me past my own ignorance.

As for polygamy...it's against the law because men are whores and if there wasn't such a law in place, you boys would create anarchy and destroy the country with your naughty bits. The law doesn't mean you can't run around shagging the populace while single...but when you marry you enter into a contract that says if you seek multiple partners afterwards your wife gets all you own AND the right to super glue your Willy to your hand and kick you out of the house, seems reasonable to me. Multiple wives?? Imagine the uproar if a woman wanted multiple husbands? Although...one to mow the yard, one to take out the trash, one to clean the garage, one to fix the car, one to do the dishes and ALL to pay for my new C7 Corvette. Wait.....I actually am in favor of polygamy, who knew?

Latest posts

Top Bottom