Why wasn't this known sooner??? Covid drug around since 1979

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems like monday morning quarterbacking to be griping about why a discovery wasn't made earlier. I'm grateful for all the researcher's efforts in all aspects of fighting this epidemic.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m going to make the assumption that this drug isn’t as profitable as the “vaccine” (that’s not really a vaccine). Personally, my opinion of doctors has always been pretty low, but it’s at an all time low now the way most of them have towed the government line like good little soldiers. Any doctor that’s thought outside the box on treating this plandemic has been ostracized by their peers and government officials. Fauci needs to be in prison or hung, and participating doctors and drug companies need to bankrupted. 🤬

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m going to make the assumption that this drug isn’t as profitable as the “vaccine” (that’s not really a vaccine). Personally, my opinion of doctors has always been pretty low, but it’s at an all time low now the way most of them have towed the government line like good little soldiers. Any doctor that’s thought outside the box on treating this plandemic has been ostracized by their peers and government officials. Fauci needs to be in prison or hung, and participating doctors and drug companies need to bankrupted. 🤬
There was a news story today about the new "pill" that can be taken to treat off the covid if taken early floating around this morning. It costs penny's to make.
The company, I believe it was Merck said they were going to market it at over $700. Meanwhile the generic of it is going to be sold in India at $19.
Found it:
The New Jersey-based pharmaceutical giant Merck is facing accusations of price gouging after it charged the U.S. over $700 per patient for a taxpayer-funded coronavirus treatment that, according to research, costs just $17.74 to produce.

Your tax dollars are paying for this even though brain dead biden says it's free if approved.

Last week, Merck announced plans to request emergency federal authorization for molnupiravir after a late-stage clinical trial showed that a five-day course of the antiviral drug cut the risk of Covid-19 hospitalization or death in half in patients with mild-to-moderate cases.

The same day Merck unveiled the results of the trial and White House officials hailed the drug as another possible tool against Covid-19, the New York Times reported that "the federal government has placed advance orders for 1.7 million courses of treatment, at a price of about $700 per patient"—far more than the estimated cost of manufacturing the drug.

According to an analysis by Melissa Barber of Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health and Dzintars Gotham of King’s College Hospital in London, "the cost of production for molnupiravir capsules is US$1.74 per unit, or US$17.74 per five-day regimen."

"Adding an allowance for 10% profit margin and taxes in India, we arrive at an estimated sustainable generic price of US$1.96 per capsule or US$19.99 per five-day regimen," the researchers concluded.

Dean Baker, a senior economist at the Center for Economic and Policy Research, noted that the $712 price-per-course price the U.S. government is set to pay for molnupiravir amounts to a roughly 4,000% markup.

Quartz's Annalisa Merelli reported last week that with Merck expecting to produce 10 million courses of molnupiravir before the end of 2021, the company "could bring in revenue up to $7 billion."

"This would make it, in only a few weeks, one of the 10 most lucrative drugs ever," Merelli observed.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...lammed-4000-markup-taxpayer-funded-covid-drug

Latest posts

Top Bottom