Wichita Mountains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome pics, Dennis.

And they're pretty much hills. There's a couple big ones, but they're hills. Quite scenic, though. I enjoy them just as much as I did the rockies when I lived in CO Springs.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to prarie dog hunt over by Saddle Mountain with my dad when I was a young boy. Shot a few deer and alot of turkey on Medicine creek West of Mt. Rosevelt. Really miss those days and that country. Thanks for the pics.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's one of my favorite places in the state. I was born in Lawton, and when we'd go back to visit family, my dad and I would go all over. He grew up there, and knows some neat spots, as well as spots that are, sadly, not open to you or me anymore.

Anyway, when you are there, it is a state law that you go and get a Meers burger, when ever you are in the area. Not sure what the fine is for not going, but I want to follow the law, so we ALWAYS go.

PS: Do NOT feed the bison.

roosterk

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They'll let you off with a warning if you stop at the Old Plantation in Medicine Park. They have an excellent burger there, but it doesn't have the STYLE of the old metal pie plate Meersburgers.
Great pictures, I can't wait till it cools down a little, so I can get back out there.

roosterk

azmrb

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They'll let you off with a warning if you stop at the Old Plantation in Medicine Park. They have an excellent burger there, but it doesn't have the STYLE of the old metal pie plate Meersburgers.
Great pictures, I can't wait till it cools down a little, so I can get back out there.

roosterk
When my gf and I stopped in medicine park a couple of years ago the plantation was closed.
It was really in bad shape too. Sad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom