WikiLeaks Releases Hundreds of Thousands of Classified Documents in Defiance of U.S.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about Darth Vader's car then?

awww.blogcdn.com_www.autoblog.com_media_2009_05_02_ariel_atom_500_v8_580op.jpg

I don't care if it does have two seats, traction and launch control. At a little over 1300 pounds, with an all aluminum, 3 liter, 500 horsepower V8, with a 10,500 rpm redline and 6 speed sequential manual gearbox with air actuated paddle shifters, this is nothing if not a man's car! :)

That looks expensive.

I have such a hard-on for the Super 7 because you can get the top-end model built for about $75k, so hoping to own one someday isn't a total pipe dream, but they still have the P/W ratio of the Bugatti Veyron.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sure it is a soon to be corrected oversight because I have no doubt that you know very well that men in your position should never lower themselves to the level of common folk.
"They", "them", the men in blue jeans, are to be avoided at all cost.
Unless of course you need to boost your ego a bit by enjoying the difference. In that case it can be acceptable.

You excite me when you talk so dirty.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That looks expensive.

I have such a hard-on for the Super 7 because you can get the top-end model built for about $75k, so hoping to own one someday isn't a total pipe dream, but they still have the P/W ratio of the Bugatti Veyron.

The Caterham is a true race car you can drive on the street. My only beef with it is the looks. The Caterham is something you drive to win, not to impress anyone. The Atom 500 IS expensive (160K), but a car with a power to weight ratio that handily exceeds the Veyron, has a 0-62 time of under 2.5 seconds (no small feat for any RWD car) and looks as positively menacing as it does deserves a lofty price.

Truth be told, a far better buy for all practical purposes would be a Lotus Exige, or better yet for this old fat man, a CTS-V coupe. Priced in the same ballpark as the Atom, Super 7 or Exige, with a whole lot more creature comforts. :)

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Truth be told, a far better buy for all practical purposes would be a Lotus Exige, or better yet for this old fat man, a CTS-V coupe. Priced in the same ballpark as the Atom, Super 7 or Exige, with a whole lot more creature comforts. :)

If I'm going to be practical, and staying in Tulsa, I'm not considering just the cost of the sports car. I would need to factor in the cost of also owning a pickup truck. I have a Mazda 3, and it has trouble with the horrible roads around these parts. I can't imagine what Tulsa roads would do to a Lotus Exige.

Also I need something with enough ground clearance to drive on the access road on the silhouette range at Red Castle. When I drive on there now I have to pick grass out from underneath my car.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I'm going to be practical, and staying in Tulsa, I'm not considering just the cost of the sports car. I would need to factor in the cost of also owning a pickup truck. I have a Mazda 3, and it has trouble with the horrible roads around these parts. I can't imagine what Tulsa roads would do to a Lotus Exige.

Also I need something with enough ground clearance to drive on the access road on the silhouette range at Red Castle. When I drive on there now I have to pick grass out from underneath my car.

Then you need what I have, a WRX! It has a long travel suspension that soaks up the harsh Oklahoma pavement and shrugs it off like it was nothing! After 82K mine doesn't have a single squeak or rattle. As for clearance, I've had mine all the way across Navaho 33, which is just West of Shiprock in New Mexico. After that, it's trail rated! :)

Best car I've ever owned by far.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then you need what I have, a WRX! It has a long travel suspension that soaks up the harsh Oklahoma pavement and shrugs it off like it was nothing! After 82K mine doesn't have a single squeak or rattle. As for clearance, I've had mine all the way across Navaho 33, which is just West of Shiprock in New Mexico. After that, it's trail rated! :)

Best car I've ever owned by far.

That is on my short list of cars to buy when I get a real job. I was thinking about a Mazdaspeed 3 but the regular 3 has enough trouble with torque steer as it is, without a turbocharger.

I just looked it up...you can get a hatchback WRX. I didn't know that. It's now at the front of the list.

Latest posts

Top Bottom